1/4 turn throttle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddy

Reaction score
hi guys, ive decided that i wanna get a 1/4 throttle for my bike, but i just gotta few question for u guys tho, firstly 1/4 or 1/8 throttle? what do u guys like? wats better to ride with? and also i was wonderign if sum1 could tell me how to put the throttle cable im a 1/4 throttle? that would b a massive help if sum1 could tell me that.

cheers

The throttle you get is largely dependent on the sort of riding you do balanced against the sort of carby you have.

For example, if you are running an OKO flatslide carby offroad and like snappy power delivery get the 1/8... It'll still be snappy with the 1/4 but will offer more control due to the more graduated pull.

To mount a cable to a 1/4 turn throttle (I'm presuming you mean billet) you'll need to take off the clear cover on the top of the body and remove the wheel. Then thread the cable end through, hook it into the throttle and mount it on the wheel... It's very easy :)

nah im not runnin a flatslide carby so a 1/4 throttle is probs the way to go yh?? and thats was i thought i had to do with the cable but i just wasnt to sure.. thank u, massive help

also one other question, do the billett throttles hav a little pin for a hole in the handelbars to stop them from moving or do they just clam down n stay down tight with just the blots? been havin a bit of trouble gettin my throttle to fit my pro tapers n need to no if the billett throttle with stay in place?

Last edited:
Im going to make a whole lot of tutts soon including stuff like this, ill have it done tomorrow if you want to take a look...

Latest posts

Back