1/4 vs 1/8 throttle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hock

Reaction score
Hey, what is the difference between the 1/4 and 1/8 throttle? I am not going to be racing my DHZ dpro 160cc pit bike, I'm just buying one to muck around on.

Cheers

How far you have to turn it to fully open your carby... If you're unsure what you'll like, the 1/8 throttle will make it harder than the 1/4 to perform small adjustments, resulting in more of a 'light switch' style delivery.

If you are new to riding, I'd stick to the 1/4 turn :)

Cheers mate! do you know anywhere where i could buy a good 1/4 throttle? Also will a 1/4 throttle fit on an OKO 26mm flatside carby?

dont buy the ebay ones they are a prick to get right lol i remember i had a ciniworx one that was awesome.

Aluminium 1/4 Turn Joker Throttle RED

is that an alright one?

Cheers

I just fitted this exact throttle. Is a lot better than the original one I had on my Nitrous.

how did you get the throttle cable to fit with the 1/4? mine is a mikuni 26mm on full slack its about 1.5cm short for the throttle..

I think you need to buy a new throttle cable then, think you can buy them in different lengths.

2 options.. as hock said buy a long throttle cable.. but make sure the inside wire is longer not the sleeve of the wire. easiest way to do this is take you old one in with you and lay them side by side the person at the shop should have a million and one different sized ones for you to choose from.. or you can get a good set out tin snips and cut the out sleeve off.. you only need an inch maybe an inch and a half...

tim

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back