110cc engine in a 50cc pit bike frame?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy36o

Reaction score
Hello i was wondering could i fit a bigger engine in this little 50cc pit bike frame ? if so what engine would i be looking at. The current engine thats in it is a lifan 50cc semi automatic.

paddy36o-albums-my-50cc-pitbike-picture291-my-50cc-pitbike.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mate,

You can fit a larger motor in, although you may have to change a few things depending on the clearance from your front wheel to the engines head.

I have a china 50 with a 110cc loncin semi auto motor in it. It has longer forks to allow the front wheel to clear the head. It has a huge amount of clearance though and it may have even fit with the stock forks.

Lots and lots of fun though.

In a nutshell. Yes you can, without too much bother.

Logic.

Yer u can chuck something bigger in it what were u thinking. About ??? 125 , 110?? The forks like they are to short

110 should fit in without having to modify anything, small enough to fit, big enough to be fun.

Good luck!

What markings are on the head and jug, shifter side? And the top row of numbers near shift shaft? Might not be a "50", from carb and manifold sizing?

thanks a mill this is great information i will probably put a 110cc engine into it.

would a 110cc fit on this frame because I also would like a larger engine to ride on.

WOD-001-Mini-Dirt-Bike.jpg

Last edited:
would a 110cc fit on this frame because I also would like a larger engine to ride on.

i dont think that would fit but if you look around you could try getting one for it but i would buy a different pit bike.

sorry mate but not a hope.. all the mounts are wrong the those frames are not built to handle the torque of bigger engines also the engine wouldnt fit in that bike.. better off saving up your money and looking on ebay also a lot of people on here are on ebay a lot and post the bargains they find in here http://www.miniriders.com/mini-chat/19257-ebay-bargains.html ... but dont rely on that thread all the time cause it not always up to date...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back