125 cc Chinese quad battery and starting problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DANNYGEALE

Reaction score
Hi Guys
My Son Has a 125 cc Quad Bike hes had it since new and it getting harder and harder too start.

And for some reason ive went thru 3 batterys they are ok for about 3 months and then they are DEAD they wont Charge at all ive recently jus bought a cheap chinese Battery too get it started .the battery has started the bike and the bike runs but im not going too be using the Bike for a while so how Can i keep this battery alive with out dying ive fully charged it and ive been told to put it on a block of wood in my garage..

Does this Sound Right too u Guys ? ive been told metal shelves and Concrete Floors can decharge and Ruin the batteries

that's an old myth.
years ago battery cases were made from wood, moisture would leach up into them from the ground and cause the wood to rot and fail prematurely.
have you seen where battery world etc keep their batterys ?

get yourself a trickle charger, they can be left on charge then, they start around $10 on ebay.
some of them will switch off when it reaches full charge and switch back on when they need it, but they are a bit dearer.

you could just check it periodically, full charge is 12.6v and over, don't let it get below this

have you checked the voltage going back to the battery when it's running ?
you need at least 12.6v at idle, and a maximum 13.8v when it's running at higher rpms.

Latest posts

Back