125 Ducar Clutch Missing Part

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayno

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My First post!, My names Wayno and im from the northern rivers area!

Ive recently picked up a second hand bike with a ducar motor and the clutch side with the ducar logo was glued on, on inspection it was glued as the compartment had filled with oil, i originally thought that this may be due to a faulty seal however when i opened it up it seems to be missing a part? and i need some help finding out what it is and where i can get it.

This is the first mini bike ive opened up and so im not sure quite how they work but from what ive gathered the seal inside the cover which would normally seal the oil inside the motor should have the metal cylinder with a hook off the side in the middle of it to distribute the oil through the case, and when the clutch is pulled in this should be pressed and in turn press on something else further inside the motor, however the cylinder (sorry i dont know the part names) does not sit up in the seal as i would expect it to and thus the oil just leaks out, when taking the case off the metal cylinder just sits on the top case of the oil slinger (which seems kind of useless) i would expect maybe a spring to bring it up between the seal and a pin to push down the centre to engage the clutch possibly??

See pictures, if anyone can advise on the part i need to get this going and / or even sell me one that would be awesome!

DSC01302.JPG

In the above pic you can see that i have taken the seal out but the metal cylinder is still sitting too low

DSC01301.JPG
In this pic you can see the metal cylinder sitting on the oil slinger, im thinking it should sit higher than this

DSC01300.JPG
Same picture except with the cylinder removed

DSC01299.JPG
Oil slinger lid removed, im thinking there should be some kind of oush rod or clutch pin that sits down the centre to engage this thing

Anyways if you can help then let me know, thanks!

As shown in this pic:
- 125 split :: andrews015.jpg picture by bulldog93_2009 - Photobucket

You can see a little spring. That's all your missing. I just went out and checked. I'm guessing you removed the plate behind that cover that said Ducar?

What happens is when you pull the clutch leaver in you move that half semi-cylindar and it pushes down on that cylinda (The one that gets stuck) and that pushes down the plate. When you release the clutch leaver the little spring will push it back up. That simple.

EDIT

Spring is;
- 17mm long
- 6mm OD

Also there is a plate that the spring sits in which you DO NOT have. The plate sits in the ID of the bearing, it goes through the bearing and about 1mm approx out the other end of the plate. You can see what I'm talking about in this pic:
- 125 split :: andrews016.jpg picture by bulldog93_2009 - Photobucket

Last edited:
yer its the spring when i took my 125 lifan apart it fell out and i only noticed when i put the clutch cover back on lol simple fix

hey guys, thanks for all the quick replies, i thought that it may have been a spring of some sort

On the diagram posted by sean1, on page 16-17 it shows the parts, i know i have part 12 however im not so sure about parts 17, 18, 19 and 25. 25 may be the bearings built into the oil slinger cover, im not sure?

mattbombers: thats a very generous offer, i would love to see if i can get some parts off you when i know exactly which ones im missing, thanks mate

bulldog 93, thanks for your post, it was quite helpful, i can see that the spring will be used to push the cylinder back up and the plate will hold the spring in place however im just trying to understand how the clutch will be engaged, i cant seem to see any give in the basket where the cylinder would apply pressure, which is why i thought there might have been some kind of rod down the centre of those bearings and through the oil slinger, you guys would know a lot better than me of course, what do you make of that parts diagram described above?

As you may have guessed Im obviously way keen as to see this motor running!

Latest posts

Back