125cc demon -problems with my electric start..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scribbles

Reaction score
ok well i was ridieng my bike wit sum m8s the other day when i stoped the bike started acting werid and trying to start itself even with the kill switch on so it was like jolting forwed tryign to start so i pulld the key out and it stoped then i put the key bak in and now i dont hav electric start i hit the button all i get is a click noise coming from the solenoid...im unsure wether its the battery or the solenoid or sumthing ells...iv allways got the kick start but electric start is sooo much better as i can start the bike in any gear. if anyone knows my problem can u plzzzzzzz help! lol :confused:

Last edited:
well wen i had my first china that had an elec start i dsconnected the battery coz it looked shizit...and wen id press my elc start button there would be a rather loude zapper noise come from the battery terminals... so maybe your battery is dead...???? hope it helped

well its not really a zap noise its more like a click and without my battery conected it dostn make any noise at all so i duno how u got a zapping noise without a battery

Last edited:
i no that noise lol ummm
i would have said that the electric start button got stuck in wen it was playing up. i think that theres somthing rong with the battery now my be u drained it since u use it all the time. i all ways use the kick start and i use the elec for emergances lol like wen my kick starter broke and i was a long way from home cuz if i used it all the time it would have been dead and i would have to push. but anyway bac to topic i have a 125cc demon 2 and i got that noise wen i tryed to electric start it will a 12v battery so i would say battery dead
or that cables have came loose

i c...so u recon i should get a new battery wat would a 9v battery cost anyway lol dose it take 9 or 6? :S

Last edited:
I now that everyone here has a different opinion on electric starts, yes they are convenient at times and can make life a little bit easier.But I believe that it is a sign to rip the battery out together with all the wiring that goes with the starter and learn to live with just the kick start.
As the china bikes that come with the electric start are very unreliable to begin with. Do you want to keep throwing money at it? and what happens if it's not the battery? Just money thrown away.
This is just my opinion but if you really want the electric start, get the battery tested before you buy another one.

my thorts are basucky heading the same way coz i cant b fucked muckin around wit it i mite get the battery tested but other then that i aint gona bother if its somthing more then the battery

Last edited:
test it your self and just recharge it its not that hard and then dont use it unless u have to

Batteries on chinabikes suck

Last edited:
Ditch the electric start and just run with the kick start You can still hill start It cant you? My lifan hill starts but havent tried my ducar maybe the not start in any gear thing might be a problem when trying a hill start. Electric start bikes seem like the ones not to buy...

lol u cant base the bikes qaulity and performance on the fact its an electric start bike its basicly the same as the others just with electric start added to it and how am i spose to test the battery myself? with wat i dont hav a tester or charger

Last edited:
well most ppl have car battery charges just use that and i no i have like 5 battery testers lying around and they r only like 5 -15$ so its worth it rather buying a new battery. OR u could just use the kick start.
and no these bikes arnt good for hill starts lol. wen i was at black duck valley i got tricked into going on the advance trail ride and it was pritty much vertical at times lol and the bike slid out from me a few times half way up the hill and i would have to go all the way bac to the bottom (whicht was veryhard) just to try again cuz the hills were way to steep to push and they had lose rocks and dirt.

lol i see well im sure it wouldnt cost much to take it too a shop and get tested =\ yea iv been to blackduck...seems a bit expesiv if u ask me

Last edited:
All the "good" bikes only have kick starters, you dont get motoverts, terramotos or pitster pros with eletric start. A battery and eletric start only add weight and give 2 more things to go wrong, piss it off IMO.

oh well i still like my bike :D and i am surely thinking of gettign rid of the electric start

Latest posts

Back