125cc project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. I went for a ride today and the bike went really good. I think I have a tiny oil leak starting but I will keen an eye on it.

The bike is going amazingly well. I'm so happy with it. I put a bit of fuel in it and it started first kick. And it was easy to. Then I went for a little ride and had some fun :) climbed up the bank a few times and went around my old track. The kids over the back ride on it with there 4 wheelers so it's all dirt still :) win.

I got my camera mount today but my cameras are still flat. I will get some video up soon. I'm thinking about going to a 4x4 track on the week end and riding while my brother goes in his ute :) should be a good ride.

I need to put the stand on and fit up a bash plate. One I have here is rusty but I think there is a good one in the shed. I was going to get a really colorful one but they look weak. So I will go for the strongest one. I might replace the tire to if i'm going to go riding on the week end so I have a bit more grip. The chain needs to be tightened a little bit too so I will do both at the same time.

I think thats all that needs to be done. I'm not going to go the full sticker kit any more. I'm going to wait till I need to repaint the swing arm and change it all to blue so there is more options for parts and stickers.

Thanks for reading

sounds good, im lookin foward to the video dude, glad to see your happy with how it all turned out :)

Hi all, I got my new bushes today. They fit good but the bolts are a little too small. So I will need to replace them. I also found my little camera. I took some video but I don't think it's very good because the mount was loose. So I will have another go after I fix up the mount.

Also, where does every one else mount there cameras ? I'm thinking of getting an action cam.

Hi all , I might need to post a new thread but i'm having trouble with my bike. When I get into the revs it's like it's breaking down and hitting the rev limiter. It runs fine and idles fine but when you rev it out a little it starts to die. It does sound like it's hitting the limiter but I think i'm a little below it.

Could it be a clogged jet in the carbie ? I'm a bit stuck.

Other then that it's going really good. I haven't been riding it much since i'm not to confident on my own but riding it more and more.

Thanks guys.

possibly jets.... i would clean carbie, check all electrical junctions (ie joins etc) and if you have a spare cdi swap them over as i had a similar problem and it was actually faulty cdi

yeah it sounds like a cdi. did you get a cheap performance one? they arnt too reliable, i've got one, and im making sure to keep the original one on the bike just in case. is there any water in the joins? its a good idea to put some dielectric grease on the joins, or silicone to stop foreign crap getting in there and causing shorts.

I might buy a new cdi. I'm running the stock one. Should I upgraded ? Can any one recommend one they have.

I will clean out the carbie and then grease up all the connections. I think bulb grease is the same thing ??

Thanks guys

theres a TB rev box you can get (it may be meant just for crf50's not sure) or your other alternative is to run a chinese "performance" one. they are not too reliable, and as i said before its best to keep the stock one on, but in your case i would try and get the TB one or something of equivalent quality :) and yea bulb grease is the same.

when it does it, turn the engine off and pull the plug straight away, check what colour it is

you could get an Outer Rotor kit for it,
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/racing-out-rotor-kit-adjust-timing-semi-digi-cdi-harness/ENP-27.LF150

it will rev a bit quicker, and they give less kickback when starting, better for your kickstart gears etc

do you have a multimeter ?
you can measure the resistance in your ignition coil to check it's ok.
set it to 200 Ohms, put one lead one each terminal, and it should read about 1 Ohm
then set it to 20000 Ohms, put one lead to the postive terminal, and the other goes into the coil lead (with the spark plug cap unscrewed from the end of it)
you should get about 3-5 Ohms there

if either reading is a lot higher, then the coil is on it's way out.

could also be a crook spark plug cap, or crook spark plug too?

I had this cut out issue one my bike/s (pro50z's crustydemons) I found that it was only happening when the bike was cold and once I had been riding for a little while it no longer happened.

P.S. What kind of paint did you use to pain your frame/wheels?

Hi guys , that's for your help. I will try all of the above when I get a chance to ride it. They sell packets of bulb grease at super cheap for 99c so I will get one of them and do all the connections.

Just had a thought. All of the electric start stuff it tied up under the seat ect so could that be shorting out some where. I think the power leads and all are just tied up there. I might take a look and tape it all up.

Also I had a problem with the red wire at the cdi coming out of the connector. I did replace the little clip bit but it does come loose some times :/

It only does it in high rpm. I will pull the plug out and see what it's like. It could be a carbie problem too. I come back from a ride and noticed the filter is missing :/ So it might have got some crap in the carbie.

I will go over it all tomorrow. Other then that it's running good. One strong kick and it starts up first go with no choke and the idle is stable and pretty low.

For my paint. I use "squirts" you get it from the hardware shop and I think wattle make it. It last a fairly long time and it's pretty glossy. For the rust treating , etch primer , filler primer I use steptone products. They are fairly cheap and work great. They last a long time too.

For the swing arm I used a touch up paint called "power plus" it's pretty good quality and then I used there clear coat too. It's getting smashed by the chain though so I might wrap it in some clear vinyl.

Also I need to line up the back wheel a bit better. It looks like the engine mounts have been welded off center :/ I did tighten the chain up and it's come off once since then. I also need to get bigger bolts for the shock because they take a 12mm and they have 10mm's in there atm.

Thanks guys.

Hi all. I had a bit of a problem with the pit bike. Long story but it got beaten up and a bit broken by an angry person. So I have put off fixing it for a while because it annoyed me every time I looked at it.

So things to replace and fix. I need to swap the tank and plastics, fix the throttle and clutch cables, replace a plug on the engine loom, repaint a bit of the frame and a bit on the forks, fix a bent and broken engine mount and put it all back together.

So far I have pulled the tank and plastics off an given every thing a really good clean. The engine was all ready out at the time resting on a stand to fix stuff. So I took off the clutch cable and throttle cable and took the engine out ready to clean it up and replace the broken side cover. Also I need to clean the carbie out and change the oil.

But the next job is to replace this broken plug and hoping I can remember how I wired it all up as it's all different parts and wire colours of different bikes. Then put the engine in and see if it will start again :)

Hi all. I have been busy fixing the pit bike. I did all of the above and more. When the engine got knocked over it took out the harness, clutch and throttle cable and filled the carbie with dirt.

So long story short it's all back together and running nicely. I took it for a ride the other day and the chain kept falling off. So I had to bend the mounts out more and adjust the chain and wheel so it was running right. I took it for a good ride today and had no problems. It's running great and it's not looking to bad also.

So with the pit bike all together and working great. I decided it was time to get a new bike. So I got word of a bike that was fully in parts that needed to be gone fast. I picked up a lot of parts ect for $50. I think it's a pretty ok price.

So I will start a new build as i'm sure I will need more help with that one and I don't want the two getting mixed up here.

I will post more as I do stuff. Might post some riding pics if I take it some where :)

Thanks for every ones help and support though :) It's been great.

Hi all. I haven't really done much to this motorbike since last posting. I have taken it on a few rides, run the dogs with it and just ride it. I didn't ride it for a few months and then pulled it out a few weeks back and started it up with in a few kicks :)

I have been riding a bit and took it on some sand and rocks and even though a few creek crossings. It was going ok but it's starting to show signs of wear. The stocks were on the way out and tying it to the ute finished them off. So i'm changing them out for a spare set. Also have an oil leak that got worse over the week end so that needs to be found and sorted. Also towed my mate home on his big bike aha
10540585_10202585321746628_6801488884199958232_o.jpg

Also the rear shock is really stiff so I might change it with a softer one. Also I need to change out the plastic that got broken. I melted it together but it's come apart again.

But over all it's been going good. I changed the back wheel to an alloy one and it has a new tyre :D Also it has a smaller sprocket which I like but it's taking time to get use to it. The bike uses the gears a lot more and it's quite fast. I miss that low end acceleration. It's also a bit hard to crawl up things but with the suspension sorted it should be a lot better.
10498170_10202487471140424_7521707448431393416_o.jpg

I tried to go though this mud run and almost made it. Just got a bit stuck at the end aha. Got covered with mud and had to get towed out. After that there was a bit of dirt in the carbie and the bike just had enough so I stoped riding it. It should be better soon though with a bit of work and some new parts :)
10553897_10202599925911723_5821800699899489669_o.jpg

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back