125cc TRAIL BIKE THUMPSTAR DX DUCAR ENGINE

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerider

Reaction score
Ok, I have owned this bike for about a year now I feel I can do a review on it.
Please note this is the first bike I have owned so take the review in that context.

I got it new in box was very easy to put together it took an hour or two.
They provided some cheap tools but all you really need is a screwdriver and some sockets.
I changed the oil with a thin grade good brand that I use in the car.

To start it you need to open the choke for it to kick over (electric or kickstart)
When it is warm it will run easy with choke closed.
This is not a big deal, as it takes not long to warm up.
When warm it will start first time every time.

On my first ride off road I run it in correctly and never over revved it.
I am a bit over sized for this bike but it still has good power to move me.

After a few rides running it in, the first thing that broke was a small spring that holds the chain in place, not a big deal as was very easily fixed.

When run in well I opened her up good on a long run as it is a surprisingly fast little bike (I am near it max load)
I manage to keep up with 250 zonshen for a short while, only falling slowly behind. (I know it's not even close to having it's power)

The main problem with the bike is that it is so small. (I am due for an upgrade already)
But it's size makes it so much more fun as you can throw the bike around more easily. (fear of falling it not so bad as bike is so light if it happens)
I have yet to find a hill that it has not got enough power to get up.
The only problem it due to its size you do not have enough weight to get traction on the very steep hills.

It jumps really good, it has had me standing up mid air more than once.
But due to this I have come off a few time and the handle bar and clutch lever have bent a little, but I have fixed it reasonably good.
The battery box has also come apart due to the hard knocks and poor welds.
(Nothing a bit of duct tape will not fix).

The Brakes on this bike are remarkably good they do not bite like some others do so can pull you up fast without throwing you off.

Some of the rubber hoses have had some cracks over time (but just cut them back a bit and they are ok now)
The chain went loose a bit not long ago but a few bolts very easily adjust it.

Over all I recommend this bike to any one that wants a smaller bike.
I have already got my moneys worth out of it, as they are so cheap and it is still going strong with very little problems.

But if you are an older rider like me I suggest you get a bigger bike, as you will quickly reach this bikes limits.

Last edited:
Good revue mate , there is no sutch thing as bikes limits it's the rider that has the limits ahah
+ reps bud

Good revue mate , there is no sutch thing as bikes limits it's the rider that has the limits ahah
+ reps bud

When you hear them valves dancing, thats usually a good sign you've hit the bikes limits :cheeky-smiley-031:

Latest posts

Back