138cc Lifan v 125cc Ducar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLY 75

Reaction score
G'Day

I have be reading over some of the threads posted on this forum in my quest to work out what pit bike to get. By the sounds of things most members believe that the 138cc Lifan engine in the PitPros is a better engine than the 125cc Ducar motor found in the AGB29. Looking at the specs on these engines would have you believe the opposite e.g. 138cc Lifan = 7.4kw / 10hp @7500rpm while the 125cc Ducar engine (found in the AGB29 with bore and stroke measuring 56.5mm x 49.5mm) = 8.5kw @ 9500rpm. So whats the deal guys? I realise torque, overall weight and gearing all play a part in a bikes performance. So can these claims be backed up, has anyone ridden both bikes in standard form therefore puting them in a position to comment. I can only make a decission on what I read and hear as I have not ridden either bike.

Dont listen to these dealers engines statistics at all as they are all trying to market there product better than the other and they lie their asses off. The lifan motor would definatly have better build quality and more power than any ducar as standard. end of story.

G'Day

I have be reading over some of the threads posted on this forum in my quest to work out what pit bike to get. By the sounds of things most members believe that the 138cc Lifan engine in the PitPros is a better engine than the 125cc Ducar motor found in the AGB29. Looking at the specs on these engines would have you believe the opposite e.g. 138cc Lifan = 7.4kw / 10hp @7500rpm while the 125cc Ducar engine (found in the AGB29 with bore and stroke measuring 56.5mm x 49.5mm) = 8.5kw @ 9500rpm. So whats the deal guys? I realise torque, overall weight and gearing all play a part in a bikes performance. So can these claims be backed up, has anyone ridden both bikes in standard form therefore puting them in a position to comment. I can only make a decission on what I read and hear as I have not ridden either bike.
ducar 8.5 kw(11.40hp) as if, my stroker 143 LIFAN MAKES ABOUT 13.0 HP and it eats Ducars like they are 50cc. I would like to see an actual dyno report on the ducar bet it makes about 6 kw max, even my 3 valve 110 when it was stock killed Ducar 125 and it makes 7 kw stock. Them numbers really do match the rest of the agb29 OVER EXAGERATED PIECE OF CRAP( and if any one believes these numbers this bike will suit you). Sorry to sound like this but i'm getting sick of people going on about how the agb29 is the best bike ever made( thats why you see so many on the race seen, you would be enialated)well thats my whinge for the week but its true

i have ridden a bike with 138cc... as i have a bike similar to the pitpro, pitpro has more "bling bling" good bike would munch a ducar anyday

though if you like the looks of the abg29 you can change the motor after it wares out

ive ridden a bike with both, gota say lifan felt stronger, but not much differance when both motors were pulled down.

yeah i was actully speaking to a exporter in china and he said the lifan are a much better built engine and cost more aswell he recomends them over any chinese engine

Ok so we have established that the 138cc Lifan engine is the one to have. So next question is what bike do I buy with this engine in it and how much should it cost considering I'm after something which is good value for money?

ive ridden a bike with both, gota say lifan felt stronger, but not much differance when both motors were pulled down.

Yeah, but was the Lifan one of their 125's? 'Cause they are a different motor than a 120. Which is what the 138's are based off.

anyone know the wiring diagrams of the 138cc lifan engine. having problems wiring it to the chassis message me if you can help. thanks

yeah guys the lifan beats the ducar beacause the stroke is longer and the clutch setup thats like it thats better on the lifan tho i have a lifan and a ducar and my lifan needs to be rebuilt alot before i had to rebuild the ducar
owned them for two years ducar yet to be rebuild and there both trashed on every week end

im agreen wid u man like iv got an 2007 atomik 125cc motox thumpstar and it go like the clappers here are some specs of it
Bore/ Strok 53.75mm x 55.15mm
Maximum output KW/HP 7.2KW / 9.5HP (7500 +/- 500rpm)
hope this helps :)

im agreen wid u man like iv got an 2007 atomik 125cc motox thumpstar and it go like the clappers here are some specs of it
Bore/ Strok 53.75mm x 55.15mm
Maximum output KW/HP 7.2KW / 9.5HP (7500 +/- 500rpm)
hope this helps :)

It's quoting numbers like this, that are misleading and end up with people being disappointed with what they purchase.
9.5hp @ 7500rpm from a stock atomik 125 = pure unadulterated bullshit.

I run a pretty wildly worked 140 lifan. considerable mods, and a dyno-proven 9.9hp at 9400rpm...
If you think your ducar 125 is more powerful than a tuned and tweaked lifan 140, purely from what a dealer tells you, then you sir, are a buffoon...

HP numbers quoted are pretty much always bullshit, and if there is the remotest bit of truth to it, it's a number they've got from power AT THE FLYWHEEL, not the back tyre...A stock Atomic 125 will be lucky to crack 6hp...

If it's reliability and power you're after, go with the Lifan motor... I agree the Ducar's can be reliable, i'm running a Ducar 125 in a bike that's 4 years old, and havent had to touch it, but it's massively understressed, underpowered, and doesnt get half the hammering my 140 does...
Go with the Lifan...

Ha ha ha ... I always have a good cackle when reading some of the comments in your posts T*140 ...

How's the DHZ twin trellis frame holdin' up ? ... I can remember the Dirtmax guy claiming he'd seen one snap clean in half ? ... The only thing that concerns me about them is where the rails are welded to the steering head ... A gusset plate either side would make them stronger there ...

Ha ha ha ... I always have a good cackle when reading some of the comments in your posts T*140 ...

How's the DHZ twin trellis frame holdin' up ? ... I can remember the Dirtmax guy claiming he'd seen one snap clean in half ? ... The only thing that concerns me about them is where the rails are welded to the steering head ... A gusset plate either side would make them stronger there ...

having a good cackle at my posts?? oh dear, that could be both good or bad... ha ha ha..
yeah that frame is holding up great, i really cant complain with it at all, especially given i lucked out with the auction, and i have a brilliant frame that cost me under $55 posted.. heh heh..
i dont jump the thing all that much, never been able to jump the thing with the front end geometry, but it has been hammered pretty bad through some high-speed g-outs and over some bloody rough holes that would swallow the average pitty...
yet to see any flaky paint or other signs of bending around the head stem, so all in all, it's got my vote!!
Despite the fact that i am running almost identical fork-triple clamps/ suspension and swingarm to what comes standard with the DHZ monsters, the front end geometry seems VERY different... not sure if it was a bad batch of frames broken down and sold bare, but both frames i bought, have a distinct "chopper" look about them... but bloody solid nonetheless. :D Win!

Latest posts

Back