140 smashing stator plate

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick a

Reaction score
Hi,
i have a dhz 140. the chain came off and smashed through the ignition cover and destroyed the coil behind it. I am sure the chain wasn't too loose however it was a long ride. This happened to anyone else, is there any way to stop it?

thanks nick

its happend to heaps of people, a new chain.. keep it tight (but loose enough) and it should be less likley to happen

Welcome to miniriders buddy.

If the rear sprocket is out of alignment of the front sprocket even by a lil bit the chain will come off and bunch up and smash the cover and stator pickup, when adjusting your chain get about 5 metres back and look from behind the bike and make sure the chain is running as straight as possible.

You can also check the swingarm bushes or bearings, normally the chain side goes first, this will also cause a chain to come off.

If you have a stock china chain that came with the bike I recommend getting a D.I.D chain as the stretch on a china chain will happen every single ride.

Good advice Mick. 5 meters you say? Guess I'll need my specs for that one. interestingly my chain side swingarm bush is getting looose, now I know why. Cheers

Haha phil. I like ten metres but I guess I dont need goggles to focus just yet. Was thinking of you younger at heart bois lol.

Latest posts

Back