140cc Lifan Clutch, Seriously need help.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam1032

Reaction score
Hello, I've just signed up because this flipping lifan engine is grinding my gears.

Ok so the clutch isn't disengaging I might be possibly missing something! The pin inside the clutch cover works fine. But on the engine that pin is just engaging to the bearings on the pressure plate, am I missing something in between? I've got some images. IMG_0566.PNG

On that image I think I'm missing 17,18,19 on the part no.

If this is correct where can I purchase?

there is a pin, the mushroom headed tappet thingy. 12.

then theres a bearing bush, runs inside the bearing, and inside it is a spring, along with a little piston. mainly so the pin actually retracts properly and doesnt rattle. nothing actually pulls it back when you let go of the lever, just that spring.

without them three little bits, 17,18, 19, the gap between bearing and tappet thingy is excessive. they only move 2-3mm at most.

where to buy? iunno. find a pitbike mechanic. go sock the guy you bought the bike off in the first place. try messaging some of the reputable sellers online, there has to be one out there with a dozen dead lifans out back...

there is a pin, the mushroom headed tappet thingy. 12.

then theres a bearing bush, runs inside the bearing, and inside it is a spring, along with a little piston. mainly so the pin actually retracts properly and doesnt rattle. nothing actually pulls it back when you let go of the lever, just that spring.

without them three little bits, 17,18, 19, the gap between bearing and tappet thingy is excessive. they only move 2-3mm at most.

where to buy? iunno. find a pitbike mechanic. go sock the guy you bought the bike off in the first place. try messaging some of the reputable sellers online, there has to be one out there with a dozen dead lifans out back...

Thanks for the reply! How does that mechanism work then because I really have studied it and I believe when pushing the clutch in to change a gear the clutch plates are disengaged. But looking at it when the correct parts are in place I can't work out how it depresses the pressure plate to release the clutch plates so a gear change is possible.

Also how do I get the 1/4 throttle to be more responsive? Fuel and Air Screw?

I have found out why my clutch isn't disengaging and I've found that the locking washer and another washer wasn't in the correct place. Here is some instructions on installing the clutch.

IMG_0576.PNGIMG_0577.PNGIMG_0578.PNGIMG_0579.PNGIMG_0580.PNGIMG_0581.PNGIMG_0582.PNG

ahhhh, misplaced washers... pretty typical.

standard multiplate type clutch, youve probably figured out how it works by now...

you gotta jet the carb right to make it more "responsive". starting from the main jet, moving to the needle(both height and taper), and ending up at the pilot jet and mixture screw. one of those "trial and error" type jobs, that can be easy on one engine and an absolute nightmare on another. getting a decent carb helps and bigger doesnt necessarily mean better. go too big and nothing you do will stop it from bogging everytime you give it full throttle too fast.

the 1/4 turn throttle is simply that, a 1/4 turn throttle. less twisting of the wrist to open the carb up completely.

Latest posts

Back