Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakvickers

Reaction score
gday guys, i got a 150cc lifan motor 4spd manual from a mate of mine and the motor was in a bike that burnt down, ive torn down half of it the head block piston rod and crank are all fine but im yet to take the trans apart or anything to see whats going on with them, i was thinking seeming i need a new magneto new side cover new camc over oil side cover etc seeming they were damaged in the burn down of the bike, i was just curious if it was possible to bolt a 150 top end and crank etc into a brand new 125 motor that i can pick up for 250 bucks, what kind of mods are required to fit the 150 block and sleeve into the crank case and is there going to be any clearance issues with the crank ?
its the 56.5mm bore if that makes any difference,

i just wanted to ask what you guys reckon because if its cheaper for me to do that ill probably do it, ill end up spending the same amount of money anyway thereabouts to fix the 150 magneto covers etc and i would rather a brand new bottom end then something that could be knackered even after ive spent money on it,
cheers, jak

Last edited:
You wont fit it, im pretty sure they have different stud spacings (however if they do then maybe)
is the 150 crank slingerless? is the 125 sligerless are the cases wide enough?
i would just fix up the 150

yeah im gonna get the flywheel off and part the centre case and see if everything is okay im hoping theres no major problems, and what do you mean by slingerless cranks ? im more of a car engine bloke when it comes to building things,
the stud spacings are identical, i think it just might be a fallback if i have gearbox issues with this 150,
cheers for your opinion

the 150 Lifan doesn't have a slinger on the crank, that is a YX thing.

i took it apart and the gearbox is alright and the crank and bearings and everything is okay its jsut the shifter linkage on the star for changing gears wont change any gears its too low, half the oil was turned into charcoal in the fire so i spent a lot of time scraping it out haha, i had a search and there wasnt anything about the shifter linkage adjustment just about the pedal adjustment, has anyone got a clue? or should i start a new thread

you mean the triangle piece that turns another gear? you can push on the shaft and re-align it
or is the shift drum knackered?

I can shift through the gears when I put a 10mm spanner and turn the star by itself and it goes in 1 n 2 3 4 but the little hook thing off the lever just won't come up an pull the star back and forth, ill get photos soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

4a5ahany.jpg
5yqymetu.jpg

The 2 ended hook that is the linkage, it comes off in the direction of the clutch, it can kind of shift down gears but it can't go up gears, it does sit in place when you change the gear with a spanner but never returns to the spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Back