150cc Foxico Pit Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Packie

Reaction score
Hello everybody

I was on ebay just looking through parts and stuff to see what I could purchase, and I stumbled across this as well as a few others.

150cc Foxico 4 Stroke Barracouta RAY W VIC REC REG KIT Ready PIT Dirt Bike RED | eBay

It caught my eye, even though I assume it's a POS Chinese bike but I noticed it has Recreational Registration status in Victoria

I was curious what it might take to put one of these on QLD Roads with full registration instead of recreational

Is it possible to do or am I just dreaming?

Cheers for any input fellas and lass'

Last edited:
Hey MotoDevo can you explain why? I'm a little curious too dude! ;)

I understand it doesn't have a speedo, but provided it's has hi n Lo beams and all the necessary other lights why would this not be ok? Is it an Engineer spec thing??

Oh and your OG now too! ;) let me know if you don't like it I'll swap you back. :thumbup:

Vic rec rego only requires a headlight, brake light, right hand mirror, front sprocket cover and chain guard, and not exceed 94db. Any bike can easily be made to obtain rec reg in Vic.
The problem with getting full reg on a bike is even if it meets every possible requirement for full reg, it still has to be certified that it complies to all applicable Australian Design Rules. If this is not done by the manufacturer, then you either have to get an engineer to sign off on it or you have to get it registered as an ICV (independently constructed vehicle). Most wont because if for some reason the bike fails and causes an accident, they are liable. If there was an identical model sold that is already complied, you may get an engineer to sign off on it as technically its already been tested and proven, but even then the process won't leave much change out of 2k. The cost for a manufacturer/importer to sell complianced bikes on a small scale (like reproduction monkey bikes for example) adds about 1k to the price per bike.
Not saying it's impossible, just complicated and expensive. Alot easier/cheaper to buy something that was complianced (motovert rx,yamoto explorer) even if you only use the frame and swap out everything else.There always seems to be motovert Rx's for sale for 1-2k.
If you tried to forge a compliance plate you would come undone when they go to punch it in the system and foxico is not on the list of bikes with compliance listed.
That's why a bare complianced z50 frame goes for $500+ where a bare non complianced z50 frame goes for $50+.

It's totally crazy, but unfortunately i have seen dozens and dozens of guys over the years saying they were going to get a non comp'd bike rego'd but i have only seen 1 done (and done legit that is).

Oh, and the OG thing is fine with me!

Last edited:
Thanks buddy, I think I might try and get that Stickied in its own thread if you don't mind.

Cheers for the in depth reply...

Woah, cheers for that MotoDevo, that's basically what I wanted to hear!
So it technically is legal but you'd have to jump throw many, many hoops and spend a whole bunch to get it actually complied

I might just stick to trying to find a Motovert for now, as well as riding my Postie
I just want a small bike that I can ride on the road, full manual and something I can take to the trails. I love the mini MX look but I haven't justified buying a pit bike and having to run from the bacon when they inevitably find me.

Last edited:
I hear ya. If it was easy we'd all be riding rego'd crf50s around the streets(i would be anyway)

I'd be on a CRF100, would be my dream mini-bike if I could have it on the road

Hey Cordogs, instead of making another thread, how would I go about removing the rear mudguard off my CT110, like where the seam is that stops halfway I just wanna get it off there. Or is it deathwheel time?

:kev:

Sorry little postie, but it has to be done and it won't be surgical.

I think I've made the decision to just stick with the Postie and get a pit bike once I have the money. Piggies can deal with it, it'll just make me a better rider ;)

Could always build it into a monkey cub style bike
camphill cub all done.jpg
Just adding Dax or z50 forks and some dax or z50 wheels with fat rubber makes em look tuff as

That things unreal man, is it still able to be registered like that though?

Ima find me some forks n wheels n ****! :banana::banana::banana:

Holy, didn't even know you could fit dax/z50 frame and wheels
Is there anything I need to do or straight bolt on?

What sort of rear shocks could I put on to lower it? Been asked before but I haven't found an answer.
And what forks could I use on the front for a bit more rake and angle ?

I would wait till I had the 8" rims n tyres on first mate then measure it. The only lowered ct110 I've seen is Fiddy riders and that was because he made it a hard tail. ;)

Ahaha I might stick with the stockos, but rear fender has been cut off! I'll get some photos of the before and afters once I get it all done.

Just need to find a place/person who can weld a few tabs on for the CB200 fuel tank and the solo spring seat I got for it. Then its slash cut exhaust, lights + indicators and done!

The wheels on that monkey/cub are 12" wheels made for z50 hubs, aftermarket forks, the swingarm is the same as one i bought off webike for a z50 (its the cheapest aluminium z50 swingarm on webike, about 70-80 bucks mine was). Cant see any reason why it wouldn't be registerable. As for shocks, stockers are 330mm so you just need to work out how much shorter you wanna go, easy to try out with a couple blocks of wood and drill holes at varied points until your happy and then measure between the two and buy shocks that size

I'll have to give the wood blocks a try. Do Honda Dax shocks fit a CT? I saw some on ebay for $100 at 320mm, not a large difference but might be better once I'm riding it.

Latest posts

Back