155z starter shaft

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
Hi guys, i was wondering where i can get a new starter shaft for my 155z (no oil filter version) engine, also what is involved in replacing the starter shaft? Does the YX 160 shaft fit in a 155z?

Last edited:
what dia kicker shaft is it? it is the kicker shaft your looking for?

if your still on your stock piston.. you could prolly just roll start it to ride it

I got a TB high comp piston, and the shaft is 14mm dia, can i replace it with a 16mm shaft?

Bike dropped while the kickstarter was out. :/, how hard is it to split your case?

time consuming more like it... also you will need a flywheel puller and to remember where everything is (not too hard)

Can't you use a screwdriver and hammer to replace the tools? or is that for the clutch nut?

I found kickstarter shafts on OOracing, there are 4 different options,
Kick start shaft for 140/150/160 cc YX engines
Choice of 2 14mm,16mm or 16mm short for new oil filter clutch covers.
Option 1 = 14mm standard shaft
Option 2 = 16mm standard shaft 211mm total length
Option 3 = 16mm new short type 201mm total length for integral oil filter clutch cover.
Which is the right one for the old 155z (no internal oil filter)

pretty sure you have to stick to 14mm
http://planetminis.com/forums/chine...cussion/170724-exploded-parts-view-yx160.html
unless its just a bearing and then a cover swap that should be cheap
Can't you use a screwdriver and hammer to replace the tools? or is that for the clutch nut?
thats only for the clutch nut and crank nut.. the flywheel has a nut on it and you can take that off but there is a thread around the flywheel where the nut was you need a tool to go into that thread and push the flywheel off the crank because it will be wedged in there pretty tight

Need the clutch nut tool.
Pull the engine out of the bike, take the bolts out of tHe casing. Pull the clutch off. ( remember how everything goes back together, take photos)
Pull the head off and barrel, then undo other side bolts and the the magnito side cover, then get a socket 14mm I think and then use the other side of the clutch nut tool to undo the gear next to the clutch, if it has an oil slinger get a screw driver or drill to un do the screws to get to the nut.
Then there's an Allen key bolt I think near the kick shaft that's for the gear selector follow that around and undo any bolts holding it down.
Then there's two bolts and a plate holding the kickshaft.
Think that was it for pulling the case off. Take a photo of how the springs go. Then move them till the shaft come out.

Latest posts

Back