155z transmission problem's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitviking

Reaction score
This motor came in my lxr14 back in 09 and has only been used a couple or so hour's before i pulled it out and has been sitting in a box downstair's since 09. The reason i pull it is that it jump's into gear(when i neutral) when it was leaned to the right,and when riding it, it felt like the clutch was kind of slipping, but like surging(i think the gear's were half engaged?),it went thru a set of clutch rubber's(basket) in a little over a hour(my kid had been riding it the whole time)and when i installed a new basket i started riding it to see what was going on, like why was going thru rubber's that quick. So yesterday i pull her apart:action-smiley-033:(first time doing the bottom)and installed the new shift fork's(all the gear's looked good, nothing broken or burned) that was going to fix the problem,well i spent most of today putting the 2 halves together and apart, a even took the gasket out(had no shim's, it tightened up the 2 shift shaft's)and still the same thing,the shift drum move's abit and i think that's the problem, but like i said, it's my first time mucking around the bottom and i don't know,any idea's? Thank's

So a have a shim on the shiftdrum(the one under the rubber plug)and that stopped it from jumping into 1st,but the shift fork rub's when in 4th gear( the stock one was skinner at the point it rub's now) and have no case gasket on it now, so i guess i need to go find some shim's for inside the motor,anybody know what possible thickness i should be looking for?

Bump!!!!

I'm really interested in this thread my brother in laws brand new dpro 160 has issues down shifting at first I thought it was rider error but then he took my bike out and jammed my gears up and the only way I could un jam it was to hit the gear shaft horizontally towards the box and a few rides on his bike myself taught me that the gears would just lock then hit false neutral and the only way to stop it was to do the same!

Any clue on how to fix this and at what cost any help would be appreciated!

Bump!!!!

I'm really interested in this thread my brother in laws brand new dpro 160 has issues down shifting at first I thought it was rider error but then he took my bike out and jammed my gears up and the only way I could un jam it was to hit the gear shaft horizontally towards the box and a few rides on his bike myself taught me that the gears would just lock then hit false neutral and the only way to stop it was to do the same!

maybe some shims in there holding it to where you have to knock it to unjam it...? makes sense to me :)

Bump!!!!

Hey Corey, has he pulled the magneto cover off and checked the Allen key bolt isn't loose that keeps the shift drum in place, usually there is a rubber bung covering it just above the sprocket:)

Have you pulled the clutch side cover off and remove the clutch and inspected the gear selecting mechanisms including the sprung arm that keeps pressure on the shift drum holding it in the selected gear?

Latest posts

Back