155z v2 hi comp piston failure

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
Sold my old 155z v2 headed motor and lasted all of 10 mins apparently, I was told by someone there when he installed it that he used any old filthy oil out of the drained oil drum and when it went bang at top end around 12000 rpm she grenaded, not the worst ive seen but none the less it caused a few dramas lol.
[video=youtube;WFZeMXP0zB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFZeMXP0zB8&list=UUZFZJstQpIwq4gg_6lG6ZCQ&feature=c4-overview[/video]

Last edited:
thanks for posting the video.
i guess the new engine owner learnt his lesson, not to use old oil, an not to hold it 12,000 rpms

at least he has something he can use as a boat anchor now.

how many hours on the piston but? was it rocking before this? could have lost enough oil after draining it and putting it back in

do you think a longer Piston skirt could have made it last a bit longer ?

how many hours on the piston but? was it rocking before this? could have lost enough oil after draining it and putting it back in

do you think a longer Piston skirt could have made it last a bit longer ?

Prob had bout 25hrs on it zac.

Yeah craig def would of lasted longer I reckon.

If it aint broke, break it.

i guess it is a compromise between less friction and lighter weights, to a long life/long skirted piston

I_3add63_2964623.jpg

i guess it is a compromise between less friction and lighter weights, to a long life/long skirted piston
lighter weights isnt really nessorcaryfor most builds people want to set and forget..
i would go with a longer sleeve for sure and a little thicker piston too... still want the comp ratios but

should you bring that to tb's attention?
The ammount of hours that tb pistons have on them and are fine dictates there is no big problem with the piston themselves..
And i debut that rotn 50 measured the roundness of the bore piston to bore clearance so for all we know it could have rocked till it cracked down the center..
or it could have detonated and cracked around the gudgeon pin.. you never know really

Latest posts

Back