160 pit pro restoration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locko90

Reaction score
Hey everyone im doing a restoration in my pit pro 160cc.

I was going to do a new thread on the whole process so anyone thats interested can give me abit of feed back or maybe some tips as i go.

Here a vid on the first stage of my pit bike restoration. Reviving the exhaut pipe.

YouTube

Please feel free to leave me a comment let me know what you think cheers.

Last edited:
So the bike has been striped down, im thinking about painting the frame a different color but not sure how it would go with the black swing arm.

20180701_175352.jpg

Heres a few pics of the condition of the bike. Its defiantly in need of some tlc.

20180701_144901.jpg

20180701_144942.jpg

20180701_145022.jpg

20180701_165053.jpg

I think any colour matches with the black swingarm
New paint will make it look a million bucks

Yeah its been a bit of a tough decision but ive decided to just stick with a black frame and white plasics to make it stand out more.

I dont know, ive just allways had a crome or alloy swing arm on a coloured steel frame bike. Just couldn't picture a black swing arm going with a green or blue frame

No actually ive changed my mind i have a full set of black plastics down stairs so ill paint the frame green and use the black plasics.

Frames painted, ended up going with blaze red (ford) for the frame haha.

Few pics. After the first coat of paint.

Snapchat-670277601.jpg

Snapchat-1818247396.jpg

Snapchat-1491757671.jpg

A video of the whole process will be uploaded soon.

2nd part of the vid done if anyone wants to watch.
Cant wait to reassemble this bike. That will be the final episode of this build on my you tube channel. (Lcb creations)

Ive got every component in mint cond atm. Going to be like a brand new bike once finished. Keen to finish it.

Youtube link, episode 2 pit bike restoration.
YouTube

Last edited:
Hahah thanks man lol :) ive actually been putting this job off for a very long time. Its good to be finally doing it.

So im in the process of reassembling everything. Just finished fork oil change, regresed the the head stem bearing and front wheel bearings.

Im really liking the red with the black tripple clamps and forks. What do u guys think of the colour choice?

20180705_074550.jpg

20180705_064228.jpg
Before

20180705_064736.jpg
After

20180705_072543.jpg
Old fork oil

20180705_072847.jpg
New fork oil. Running 5w atm

Few more pics of the progress.... shes slowly coming together.

Snapchat-1277073513.jpg 20180708_142228.jpg

Killer mate gonna looks wicked when it’s back together makes me wanna do the same
Good to see someone else sitting down when working on a bike hehhe cant beat red and black together do the spokes black too
Should do black engine covers or just paint them with hi temp paint :p

Hell yeah man the black engine covers are definitely something that's going to happen when I get around to doing it lol.

But shes all back together now its looking wicked and with all the wheel bearings head stem bearings swingarm bearings chain soaked in oil the bike is so much easier to move around, where as before it was a lot harder this also makes a difference riding seems to pop up wheelies easier now also with the clutch and accelerator cables lubed makes and absolute World of difference!! Couldnt be more happy with the way it turned out. here's a few pics of the bike.

20180710_130038.jpg

Snapchat-1455271328.jpg

IMG_20180711_095954_979.jpg

episode 3 of my pit bike restoration is up, check out the process to restoring a pitbike. whole process recorded on time lapse.

on a side note guys. the longest part of this job was timelapseing every step of the build, and then from there uploading to computer, converting 100s of thousands of pictures into timelaps videos (avi file). then editing it into a video that's not 2 days long lol. for example about 1 and half hours is about 10 000 pictures. so yeah the most effort for this build went into making a video on the whole process.

Not saying give me a pat on the back for my work! haha, but just saying there was a lot of effort put into the video side of things, im actually so glad its over lol!

well heres the link to the video. hope you's enjoy.

YouTube

Well done mate looks awesome the red frame goes so well with the black ;)
Yeah so many hours in editing vids good on ya for having the patience for it hehe the bike turned out wicked :)

Yeah hes an idiot he doesn't like loud bikes lol. If its a scooter or something quite he wont care about it haha.

Thanks man yeah happy as with it. All in all i vost me about 60 bucks for just paint supplies like grease and dirt remover sand paper flaper disk and the paint. Pretty much 99 percent of the bike original components were reused. Only new parts were the rear wheel bearings, new swing arm bearings, and new chain roller. The plasics are the original ones from 2008 lol just took the pit pro stickers off them haha.

Latest posts

Back