$1750 Budget - DHZ Outlaw 160 or Motovert Pro 140?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dessy

Reaction score
G'day Guys/Gals,

I am after a pit bike for a bit of fun on a 4km Enduro loop I have on my property. I normally use a KTM 450 but to be honest I don't need that much power for the track. Budget is $1750 and I can't decide which bike would better suit my needs. I am 190cm tall and 82kg so ergonomics are definitely a factor. This is how I see it (could have it wrong though).

DHZ Outlaw 160

Pros
- DHZ is physically closer to me and appears to have better range of parts
- solid reputation
- 160cc
- appears to have better forks / shock (?)

Cons
- does not have swing arm/shock linkage
- no fat bars
- no HD kicker

Motovert Pro 140

Pros
- linkage, better ride (?)
- fat bars standard
- possibly better ergonomics (5cm taller seat)
- HD kicker standard
- looks better (better made?)

Cons
- website mostly out of date with not much activity since 2008 (does not give me a professional feel like DHZ)
- 140cc
- further away, not sure about spare part availability

Guess my priorities would be
1. Reliability
2. Ergonomics for my size (this could easily be No.1, if it is not comfortable I won't ride it)
3. Parts availability/support
4. Not needing to spend more $s on mods

There is a nice Pitsterpro LXR for sale on this forum too which is an option but I can't help but feel nervous about buying second hand. It has had a few mods done which makes me even more nervous.

What do you reckon and why?

Cheers.

PSTO could also be an option. Looks the same as a Motovert? Are they the same bike? Getting close to Pitsterpro X4r $s now though........ Man this is not an easy decision.

if it was me i'd choose the motovert 140 simply for the linkage set up,PM rustyone on here he is a psto dealer and might be able to help you out.good luck with the purchase mate.

if it was me i'd choose the motovert 140 simply for the linkage set up,PM rustyone on here he is a psto dealer and might be able to help you out.good luck with the purchase mate.

Cheers mate. So you reckon the linkage on the Motovert would out weigh the better suspension that comes standard on the DHZ (DNM Shock / GPX Black Label Forks)?

Seriously ...I would buy a decent second hand MX bike !

Seriously ...I would buy a decent second hand MX bike !

Yeah, I hear what you are saying but for my budget there is really nothing out there and I must admit I am also keen to try a mini.

Latest posts

Back