1976 YAMAHA CHAMP

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGuyWiththeChamp

Reaction score
Hello guys, Im new here. Cant figure out how to change my picture or anything but ill try more later.

I am from Connecticut and this is my 1976 Yamaha Champ. 80cc 2stroke. I have had the bike since I was 7 years (23 now) old and it is mostly original!! Engine has never been apart and has over 3000 miles on it. I do plan on doing a lifan swap in the future. Dont worry all original parts will be saved. Does anyone on here have any experience with the champ/bop chassis?? Is it the same as the Chappy?? Any info would be greatly appreciated since they only made these bikes for one year there is not much info on them. Thanks again.

12512770_10208915609988920_777805678117344864_n.jpg

Welcome to Minirider's

I'm jealous of your Champ !!
They are pretty rare.
No the frame/chassis is Champ only, a lot of the part's off the LB80 would interchange though.

I would be keeping the original engine as there aren't a lot of early 2 stroke's out there any more.
I'd fit a big bore kit, a performance exhaust and bigger carby etc to increase the performance
Otherwise have the cylinder bored, have the port's reworked, and fit a bigger piston, might be able to reshape the combustion chamber in the head too
Have a look at my Chappy build thread, click on the link in my signature, there are a couple of other Chappy thread's here too
This thread should help you work out changing your avatar etc
http://www.miniriders.com/general-c...ers-old-new-few-helpful-tips-hints-ideas.html

Cheer's, Craig

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back