1978 Honda Z50j - Road to Rego

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z50cruisin

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls,

I have had this Honda Z50j for a couple of years now, and have recently decided that its time to fully restore her. I have plans to also get her on the road. Been busy making parts lists and contacting sandblasters/powdercoaters and metalplaters.

Wasnt running when i got it, after many years in a shed she had built up gunk in the float bowl. After a clean out, new sparkplug and fresh fuel, started 2nd kick

Let me know of any ideas/tips you have for the bike, i have rebuilt a couple of pitbikes before but its my first time rebuilding/restoring a Z50

Keep ou updated with progress photos as i recontruct this gem..
Sorry, The photos are a little blurry, but its all i have of her when i first got it
042 - Copy.jpg
041.jpg

What it looks like currently, This is painted with rattle cans... Decided that i want to do it properly and give it the care that it deserves.
IMG_5147.JPG
2012-05-21 13.25.34.jpg

Last edited:
tbh if i was to build it i would look on dhz's site and look at brand new rolling chassis.. build a 124cc takey donk with a takey 5 speed in it with upside down forks and disks all round or just front

Latest posts

Back