1983 z50r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dax

Reaction score
Recently picked up a z50r , it's missing a few things like tank and exhaust and a few other little things . Not sure if I should do it up original or mod it up with big suspension , motor etc. has anyone on here put front suspension or complete front end on one like off a thumpstar or something like that? Cheers

Here's one i have been playing around with, need to get my arse into gear and pull it down for paint and fit some snow hogs. It was just a frame, cheap tank and seat from webike, ebay 330 shocks, xr80 swingarm, chopped down motovert exhaust, gold AS01(?) copies
IMG_2015063058425.jpg
I love stock zeds but this thing feels so plush in comparison. I only really did it because i got the frame for $50 and to build a nice stocker would cost 3 times what this will. Plus i plan to ride it HARD and i dont want to destroy a nice stocker

Last edited:
^^^ Hey, MotoDevo, ya needs an aluminum swingarm on that beast, LOL. ^^^

Edit: Oops, forgot to say, "Hey, Dax, what about putting extended fork legs and stiffer springs on that front end, like I did with my little offroad thrasher???" May not look or be as radical as other options, but I can tell ya from personal experience, this "lifted front end" of mine works beautifully in the field, and I'm tearin' up & down some dirt roads like a crusty demon, 10-4??? Go check my pics, or whatever pics of mine you can bring up here at this site, some of them have vanished like ships & aircraft in the goddam Bermuda Triangle, AYE??? LOL.

Last edited:
Cheers guys , both your zeds look awesome. I just got mine running with the original 50 engine . I'm still not too sure on what I'll do with mine yet .

we went a cheap set of minimoto plus 2 inch forks from webike on our dirt j1. wouldnt go jumping triples but ok for trail riding. will probs chuck some on a 82r eventually coz they look fairly stock with the light brackets removed. motodevo that bike is skitz.

Cheers Gaz, just gotta finish it. I have monkey bike A.D.D., can't focus on one long enough to finish it, got 5 monkey projects on the go at the moment.
Dax seeing its mostly there if i were you I'd probably keep it simple as other have suggested. Jump on web!ke and grab a tank, repro exhaust and stiffer fork springs and ride it. I bought my tank for $40, seat for $20 off webike when the dollar was a little better. They also have repro exhaust that look the same but are 24mm cheap (i bought on for my soon to be 88cc J1). As for rear shocks you cant go bigger than 280mm (265mm stock)for a stock swingarm, if you keep the stock one you can use quad bike front shocks as they are stiffer and will allow an adult to ride it without bottoming out. I bought a pair from the local pit bike shop for $40 the other week, not awesome but they are better than stock.

Last edited:
awesome Bike !!!

Hello Bud, Just seen your post. I have a 1984 my father bought used around 87. I am now 47yrs old and that thing still kicks over with no problems. I have 3 Sons now and we built and restored a few Bikes, but the Z50'S ARE MY FAVORITE and Collectible. If you can, keep that thing all original and put it in your man cave unless you are just going to ride it all the time, but I like them all original anyway. Good Luck11828667_10205855137275864_5057289874006962548_n.jpgIMG_1075.jpgZ50X__#2.jpg

^^^^ Wow I'm lost for words.

Wicked machines mate. Even better including your sons in building them up together!! :thumbup:

They look so cool

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back