1984 z50r advice on lifan 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leans

Reaction score
I have had this bike for over 15 years and would like to put in a lifan 125. Any suggestions or advice on what else I will need to change when doing this? Thank you in advance

Maybe the peg mounts? It should be a easy fit..
Personally id be keeping it stock with a roller head or something cool like that..

Thanks! Ya I would just like a little more power! I will post a picture soon

if you want to devalue your bike put the lifan in it, ive got just 88 bore up kit on my z50r and it gos hard, anything more and you have trouble keeping front wheel on the ground with such a short wheel base.
Keep it orig :)

[video=youtube;tTXWec9wbAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXWec9wbAY[/video]
From personal experiance you dont need more that a 108 kit, This thing had all the power in the world and just on the limit of unusable tbh (a little on the safer side)
If not go a gpx 125 hi comp in it but you will never ever truley use the power

If you have a manual clutch then go for the power. If auto you will struggle to keep front wheel down like mini said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah if you do get a lifan 125 get the 54x54 big valve head version. They're pretty good for the price, then you can get a high comp piston and do some porting and the thing will rip!!! All I know about Jap engines is they're unaccepted by my bank account!! Unless we're talking chainsaws then its echo all the way home, best jap engines ive ever seen or used!!!

Last edited:
for the money, just get the gpx 125, they absolutely rip, and cost less than it would to get that sort of power from a lifan 125. if it must be a lifan, go for the big valve headed version as stoozo said :)

Yep gpx 125 is the way to go. Stronger clutch setup and kills a lifan. Can start in any gear as opposed to the start in neutral only lifan junker.

Latest posts

Back