1985 XR250

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JahWah

Reaction score
Hi.all just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a 1984-86 XR or XL engine or what engine would best fit the frame. I'm planning to make a bobber with electric start and indicators

Ring Ballards, they mayyyyy know someone. Those ol' twin carb engines will be hard to find now, most of them killed the head as they never cooled properly stock and almost all of them hurt the valve guides etc.

You are making a bobber out of an XR 250 frame?

Yea that's what I thought might be the case. And yes I am. My brother's a metal fabricator so there will be skit of customising done to the frame to make it happen and be unique

I will be very interested to see the final product. Love bobbers.

Pretty sure a cb250 engine bolts right in and you'd get leccy start too. The twin carb xr250s were a great bike in the day, and there's still plenty getting around today, they outsold all the other 4 stroke 250s combined.Get some pics up once you get started, I'm currently building a Honda engined BSA rigid bobber and have a 47 CZ rigid frame and a dt175 engine waiting to be married together

Will do just gotta get some more funds together to get started and see what fabricating needs to be done

Latest posts

Back