1988 Honda Z50R build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipes finished! I have the under guard notched out and back on now too. Pretty happy with it. You may also notice a few goodies, Billetware pegs and mount, Reeg CRF rear brake lever, Welded on chain roller, Kitaco gear lever, Red Baron dip stick, Red Baron rocker covers, Down Components tappet covers, Takegawa cam cover, Takegawa Hyper CDI, and I have a Odyssey BMX front brake lever coming in the mail.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Pipe looks sweet as how got it on zed now! :coolthumb:

Cheers for the love guys! Definitely not ever selling this one tho, I think I'll keep it till I die! Here's a bit of a look at how it's sitting now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Yeah the black wheels look awesome. I was planning on trying to keep most of it the factory colours besides the wheels and the bars, but my stuggle now will be what colour to do the speed forks when I get them on... Im not sure if all white speed fotks would look any good

Not much is happenig at the moment with the zed build, I am about to move to QLD so my shed is about to be packed up. Anyways I threw my speed forks on this arvo for a bit of a look. Hoping to have the swingarm done this weekend and leave the forks and front end parts with a mate of mine who will be making my custom triple clamps for the speed forks. So anyway here is a few pics, and one of my crf50 for good measure.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
Big move to qld , what suburb are you moving to ?
Good thing you put the 88 back to stock , they have grass track races at chandler velodrome on a Friday night , I think it's once a month but I can't be certain on that.

What swingarm are you putting in the z ?

Nice! Big sheds are the go...

Would be any easy 2hr drive to Chandler on a Friday mate, and that's without peak hour traffic. It's a prick of a drive tbh. We're getting our own mini track at Coolum plus there's talk about another one being built near Coolum!

I'll be on the Sunny coast, dont like posting exactly where I live online though haha. I'll sus out what racing is doable once I'm all settled in. I'm doing a 2" extension to the stock swingarm. I wanted to find an alloy swingarm but they are all too long for how I wanted it to sit. I might customise an alloy swingarm later down the track but for now I'll just extend the stock one.

Got some more work done on the zed. Unfortunatley this could be the last update for a few weeks but yeah its all good I guess. I took the bike to a mates place yesterday for a few mods. He machined up some 60mm press in swingarm extension plugs which I welded up on his Tig welder. Definitely need to invest in a Tig welder of my own soon, so much better for making bike parts with. Anyways, the swingarm came up mint, later on I'll file finish it smooth and sand blast/paint. Also, my mate took my fast50s speed forks and wheel etc. which he is going to make up a custom machined lower triple clamp. We discovered we can get away using the standard z50 fork width centres which is awesome. I'll buy a fast50s top triple clamp for it aswell. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16
Nice work , it's sick you extended it so she looks stock still
Did the extensions change the ride height at the rear ?
Did you have to change the rear shock mounts ?

Last edited:
I wanted to do an aluminium swingarm but all the aftermarket ones are way longer than I wanted to go. I hate bikes that are too tall and long. I might turn a crf50 aluminium swingarm into a zed swingarm later down the track. We didnt move the shock mounts, so yes it has changed the angle of the shocks and changed the ride height. We kinda roughly mocked it up with the longer swingarm and the speed forks and basically guessed how it will sit. My mate is going to machine the tops of the speed forks down to make them as short as possible, then I'll just adjust the rear end to suit. I've never even riden the bike with those rear shocks so they might be no good, there seems to be heaps of aftermarket shocks available though.

Latest posts

Back