1991 Suzuki DS80 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a 2x wire kill switch, run 1x wire to the the coil wire, and the other to ground/frame.

Or for the original style switch, run the single wire to the coil wire, it gets earthed at the switch.

Last edited:
Cant be that cold in Adelaide? LOL

You need a new PC? Or it needs a service?

Glad I dont have to worry about that, I build HTPC's, This is my office & where I am typing this post from>

2012 BUILT SILVERSTONE LC13 CASE, AMD FX-6100 6-CORE PROCESSOR, MSI 990FXA-GD80, 550GTX, 16GB RAM, SSD, LIQUID COOLED, PIONEER SURROUND SOUND 15 INCH SUBWOOFER 42" LED TV BEAST OF A HT-PC!!!

Runs 24/7 & does everything
vbpgimage.php

Gotta ask....Why the liquid cooling?? (Bloody AMD fanboys :p)

Gotta ask....Why the liquid cooling?? (Bloody AMD fanboys :p)
AMD is way better priced & gives you more performance for your money

Yeah I still ask myself the same question & told myself I would never use liquid cooling a while back but the main reason is it is almost totally silent, You would not know it was running if there was no blue LED on the front of the case

It runs really sweet, I could not find a page from the history in firefox so I hit the open all pages & opened about 350 tabs in firefox while other programs were running & it did not worry it, Most people's PC's freak out & start freezing up with maybe 10 tabs open if they are lucky? That was just the other day, I dont think it has been restarted in about a month now?

The 2 main parts I chose to use (Motherboard & Processor) broke world records at the start of the year around the time I happened to finish building my system, I chose some good parts I reckon>

MSI 990FXA-GD80 Military Class Mainboard Sets New Overclocking World Record - Mainboard - Press Release - HEXUS.net

MSI 990FXA-GD80 + FX 6100 LN2 Test - YouTube

I like building HTPC's but hate fixing other peoples old PC's (it takes longer to fix a computer than assembling a brand new one)

Much like bikes too, I hate buying or working on a bike that has been butchered & mistreated

Dr Oak, You should be able to get a PDF manual for the DS80 in PDF with the wiring diagrams on ebay or you might be lucky enough to download one somewhere?

AMD is way better priced & gives you more performance for your money
So are China bikes :p Just **** stirrin mate, i am deffinately more of an intel fan, still can't get over the fact that AMD still don't use thermal protection, i see so many killed from this (generally come down to lasy users) Love the silverstone cases though, onto my second now, my first one (bout 3yrs ago) had an external 150w p/s, which blew and the cost of replacement was more than a new case so i went with a LC11 instead, looks good next to the Yamaha :)

Yeah the LC11 looks OK, I have built a few compact HTPC's using the Silverstone ML03 case (took a couple down to Sydney a few months back) which is a great compact little case, Not much bigger than some DVD players, When I build a HTPC for people I usually load it up with some of the 6+TB of media I have so far including full seasons of TV shows & tons of movies & music

Checkout the LC13 it is a damn nice case that fits a full size motherboard, If you need any help with anything Timeeh let me know

Anyway :focus:

For a 2x wire kill switch, run 1x wire to the the coil wire, and the other to ground/frame.

Or for the original style switch, run the single wire to the coil wire, it gets earthed at the switch.

So the bike has no "on" switch as such? (struggling to breathe life into the lil bugger & kill switch not landed yet)

you dont need a kill switch to start it, just to turn it off.

anyway yeah, no on switch on the DS80's, just the kill.
and the switch on the throttle side is on/off for the headlight.
do you have a decent, clean bare metal earth on the frame and on the coil mounting hole,where the coil bolts on?

grab a multimeter and check out the readings off the coil too
set it to 200 Ohms and put the red lead to the coil power wire, and the other to an earth point on the frame.
tell us the reading.
then you need to uncrew the spark plug cap off the lead and set the meter to 2000 Ohms, run 1 lead to the coil power wire, the other goes in the spark plug lead end where the cap screws on.
tell us that reading.

Hi There. Can anyone suggest a place to find a new rear fender? Any aftermarket items that fit smaller bikes?
Thanks in advance. Matt

Latest posts

Back