1999 Suzuki DS80X electrical specs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velociraptor

Reaction score
Far out question but anyone know the max load this system can take or what amperage it is? Also wiring diagrams are hard to come by I need to find where the ground terminal goes and how the lighting wires up making my own setup any help much appreciated

DS80 Main Harness-
http://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslists/wiring-harness_bigsue0015fig-16_43ac.gif

The earth goes to the frame near the coil

The headlights' low beam wire is grey, and the high beam wire is yellow w/red stripe, and an earth.

The factory fitted bulbs are 15w/15w for the head light and 6 watt for the tail light, so total is 21watts
I run either a 25w/25w heal light bulb in mine or a 35w/35w bulb to allow for me running it at WOT for extended periods, less likely to blow the bulb.
And if your tail light bulb goes, the extra power goes to the headlight 15w and will make that blow not long after.
And don't run a halogen bulb in the factory DS80 head light, it will melt the plastic lense, unless it's an early one with the round glass head light

Last edited:
It's plastic yes but I'm rewiring the system putting in a regulator along with a fused link the stock bulb isn't cutting it however i have an idea for retro fitting diff bulbs as the stock one is near impossible to find here in the US.

Hence needing the load for the system I have a few options as with a regulator when it revs will not change. Not really regulating just volts but u get the gyst and awesomesauce btw thank you for the info the earth wire near the coil I kind of figured but for some reason it was wired way down on the frame with a screw and that wasn't too cool esp if it hit a rock

Last edited:
Awesomesauce xr lol eventually I'll be trying some high intensity led lighting I have but I'm still gonna add the regulator I have a few

Dang lol I meant I had them already but the ones u found look a bit nicer I'll take a look might cut down on the heat and pull on the genny. With a regulator to prevent burnout at the peak rpm ...the way I ride it would burn a lot lol.... And a fused link as well should do well. Wonder why they didn't regulate em stock? Even lawn tractors have em

This is just a sampling of my 6-12v fun stuffs lol
50dddfe49e2ac23c4fb785b969107520.jpg

I have drawers and drawers electric turbos fans blue lights white lights fuses ect lol.......my dogs looking at me like I'm nuts

Yeah i'm not sure why they didn't use reg's, especially with it blowing the second bulb when one goes

The first 2 light's remind me of Wall E V2, lol

walle_shortcircuit.jpg

Lol that's Suzuki for ya they can make a fast bike every now and then but it seems like they hate planning ahead. A lot of the guys at the enduros used to run those and a bunch of setups all the way to duct tape and a flashlight lol I'd rather have that than a flashlight

Latest posts

Back