Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fifty1wheel

Reaction score
Here is a photo i nicked from an old thread of 'NUMROE's'

20080505-IMG_1459.jpg

As you can see with the ORK style ignition and the pickup mounted directly to the mounting plate (not on an extension outward from the plate), and the tight fiting cover, I cannot fit a rotor/stator suitable to charging (well the one i have doesn't fit).

Is there one that will fit or am i in an endless search? if the pickup was towards the rear of the engine it may work as there is room.

Have spent way too long searching and is the only thing holding me back on the completion of the conversion.

i changed the outer rotor out to a stck lifan flywheel and stator , works perfect , keeps my bat charged fully

i think they are the type with 2 coils on the stator...and im pretty sure all china/crf50 stators are the same

Have just checked, the one in the photo from DHZ is the one i was supplied.

It has original LIFAN stickers stating 1P55FMJ and 140cc on it.

I'd like to see a pic of yours, snitchy, if that was possible

ha its in my bike , im sik and not in the mood to tuch tools lol

im not running a 150 lifan just a 125 , i did run a gpx 150 with the same outer rotor and couldnt get charge to work my lights

so i stuck the lifan stator and flywheel on , worked a treat

sorry if im no help today

no dramas, i guess there is less room in the 150 lifan or the orientation is different. But the bugger just won't fit.

Someone sound the Cactus Alarm!!!

id go on monkeygarage for this 1 , fatbarrybrown has done this conversion to a gorilla but useing the same donk

ah yes shit server , try at 5.30 pm it will be back , its a server update in the us

that stator you listed from DHZ puts the pickup at the back of the flywheel (closest to front sprocket).
sp all your cases will fit...they say there compatible for headlights but im not too sure Magneto/Stator Assy For Lifan140cc/YX150 & 160cc - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Oct-09 15:02:09 AEDST)

this is the other style PIT BIKE MAGNETO STATOR KIT CRF50 CRF 50 XR LIFAN YX 70:eBay Motors (item 390066596362 end time Nov-05-09 19:01:13 PST)

that stator you listed from DHZ puts the pickup at the back of the flywheel (closest to front sprocket).
sp all your cases will fit...they say there compatible for headlights but im not too sure Magneto/Stator Assy For Lifan140cc/YX150 & 160cc - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Oct-09 15:02:09 AEDST)

this is the other style PIT BIKE MAGNETO STATOR KIT CRF50 CRF 50 XR LIFAN YX 70:eBay Motors (item 390066596362 end time Nov-05-09 19:01:13 PST)

the first will run your lights and charge your battery i have the same typ in my gpx

second will also chare and run lights

sp all your cases will fit
I should mention i have one from DHZ if i haven't already.
Have you fit one to the 150? i haven't pulled the original off but holding the new one next to the ORK and looking at the mounting bolts the pickup WILL be in virtually the same spot.
Unless there is a selection of holes to choose from under the stator plate and the keyway is in a different location, It will not fit

no, the 2 stators listed in the links put the pickup near the front sprocket...
and remember the 150 ork kit comes off in 2 sections...the adjustable plate (with pickup bolted to it) and the backing plate....
all these engines have the same mounting design

Oh crap, forgot about the two piece mount, SHOOT ME!
I need to pull the rotor off to perform a mod i was directed to which involves unearthing one of the coils and using it for the second phase, meaning the Standard setup is enough for lights and indicators.
If this fails then i'll give the 140 gear a go.

Latest posts

Back