2000 yz426f removal an replace Steering stem bearings

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judge

Reaction score
Just need a bit of advise I need to change the bearings it's very notchy when turning them I was looking on eBay an they had some tools u can purchase when u buy the bearings this maybe a stupid question but r the tools necessary or can u get buy with chisels or screw driver to remove them an r the hard todo any advise would be much appreciated an a big help

I guess using their tool's would make the job easier.
But i have alway's used a brass drift and hammer to do the job.
Guess it depend's on how many set's of bearing's you'll be doing too to warrant the extra $20 or $40 for the tools

$_57.JPG

Yeah true just wasn't to sure if I should buy them i was worried about damaging the frame I just wanted some opinions hopefully I'm not changing bearing to much

Yeah true just wasn't to sure if I should buy them i was worried about damaging the frame I just wanted some opinions hopefully I'm not changing bearing to much

Mate find a local bearing supplier. You can get better bearing (german made) than the bearings your looking at. lve replace heaps in my time and the pre pack stuff bike shops sell are junk..

Also annual top up / check re pack of grease will last your bearings.

Last edited:
More than annual check up of grease with these bikes.. the frame gets got and ruins the grease.. Repack often enough but may not need replacement have a look man no moneys better than lost money

Yeah the bearings r ok but the top race has notche's in it I don't think u can just buy the race u have to buy the hole lot I think

Yeah the bearings r ok but the top race has notche's in it I don't think u can just buy the race u have to buy the hole lot I think
yeah i would do the full kit too if that was the case

Latest posts

Back