2006 orion 125cc oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orion 125

Reaction score
Hi I'm just wondering what oil to use and where is the oil filter in my 2006 Orion 125cc

image.jpg

the oil you need is Castrol 10W40 4T motorcycle oil (mineral based), or an equivalent brand, 15w50 and 10w50 are also ok.
Castrol Activ 4T Motorcycle Oil - 15W-50, 1 Litre - Supercheap Auto Australia

you can use Motorcycle semi synthetic oils, or full synthetic oils too, just make sure they are ok for bikes with wet clutch's

the oil filter in most 125's like the Lifan etc, is just a mesh strainer, it is located behind the r/h clutch/engine cover, towards the front at the bottom, directly above the oil drain bolt.
you need to remove the kick start lever, then the cover retaining bolts and slide the cover off carefully so you don't break the gasket.
once you have the cover off you should see the strainer
Page 16, section E9 part number 14 here

Also is it even nesessary to change the oil filter on them? Just seems like a lot of work. Cheers

no you don't have to, it just prolongs the life of your engine.
they don't need to be changed, just cleaned with petrol/degreaser and refitted.

if it has never been cleaned it can be holding metal shavings and possibly other stuff too (rubber, gearbox teeth etc)
if it is blocked up, it can cause your oil pump to fail, or no oil circulation to you head, valves and bearings etc etc.

this is a filter screen from a bike i serviced a couple of months ago.

this is what it started out looking like when it was new

27398579.jpg

^^ probably 20-30 mins by the time you clean out the bottom of the cases with degreaser etc too.
i gave the Lifan 150 in the Fuse an oil change last week and did the strainer too.

Hi was just riding and I noticed 1st and 2nd gears are fine, however when on third the chain starts jumping around. Does the chain just need tightening? If yes how do I do it. Thanks

Sounds like you have gearbox problems to me, does it sort of jump in and out of gear ?

I think so, not that experienced, when I look at the chain it looks like it's changing gears, is the gearbox a hard replacement?

that could be the right set, but it may not too.
you need to pull the engnie apart and measure it all up first.
it could also be the shift drum, or shift forks, or it might be a loose bolt holding the shift drum in too.

Hi this will be my first time opening an engine, is there any basic things I should know? Thanks

Last edited:
nah you should be fine,
just be careful when you take it off so you don't break the gasket.
otherwise you might need some silicon to fix it .
it is just the side cover, not really opening up the engine.

20141108_184232.jpg
hi is it this cover or the cover behind. Thanks

Last edited:
other side of the engine, the clutch cover on the right of the engine

Latest posts

Back