2006 Orion 28 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pebkac

Reaction score
Engine: 125cc Ducar
Transmission: 4 speed, 1 down 3 up.
Front suspension: Non-adjustable USD forks.
Rear suspension: Cheap Chinese rubber bushed crap.
Gearing: 14T/48T = SLOW.
Wheel base: Approx 110cm.
Engine starting: Kick.
Front brakes: 2 pot disc.
Rear brakes: 2 pot disc.
Seat hight: Approx 70cm.
Frame: Twin spar alloy.
Hardware: Cheap Chinese nuts and bolts.

Pros: Gotta say I love the frame, it looks great, but at this stage I think I've only had it about 4 foot off the ground so I cant really make judgment on it's strength but it's neatly TIG welded and looks to be pretty strong. I've noticed this frame looks alot better and stronger then pretty much all other Orions I've seen, and I've also noticed I'm not the only one with this opinion. So far I cant fault the engine, I've read that the Ducars are not far below Lifans in quality, I've also read that they can last longer then Lifans. In my opinion all this could change from rider to rider as everyone has different riding styles, but I can safely say that mine is 4 years old and still going hard with no smoke whatsoever. USD forks standard is always a bonus (although I've mentioned these particular forks below).

Cons: Cheap hardware, cheap hangers and low risers, cheap front and rear shocks, low seat, and slow gearing.. All of this can be changed with a bit of knowhow and a few extra dollars, so to be honest it didn't phase me at all when buying it, but i guess it might turn some people off it..

Who this bike is for: When left standard, I'd say this bike would only suit a beginner, but with a few modifications, I'd say this bike could easily suit an experienced rider. I was given some advise saying not to do any huge jumps, I'd probably say this could be correct when taking into consideration that the rake is more laid bake then most, so FMX is probably out of the question.

Price I'm actually not sure they make these anymore as I cant find them on the Orion web site. so I'm not sure how much they are new but I won this one on ebay for $430

In my opinion, probably not the best bike to buy and leave standard, but I'm lovin it and its not staying standard so keep your eyes out for my build thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
top work and purchase mate... that thing looks mint.. was it new old stock or something?

now comes the mods??

Orion 125cc motorcycles made since 1970. 125cc bikes are here defined as all motorbikes with engine size from 50 to 125 ccm.

Latest posts

Back