2007 mso x6r (stock form)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unit_mx

Reaction score
BIKE:06/07 mso (motospeed) x6r 125cc
RIDER STATUS: weight:65kgs
height:165cm
riding style:bmx jumps ,play riding
price:under $800

Mso (motospeed) made there mark on the australian mini scene and established the ever growing customer base with the x6r.1 and a half years or so since its introduction ,the x6r is a tweakable ,versatile and fun little mini to ride with a price tag well within the budgets of all serious mini riders.Despite its low cost the x6r packs a punch and is a very reliable bike that is as ruggered as it is good looking.

Motor:
The first thing noticed on the x6r once kicked into life is the sound of the grunty traditional big bore pipe that definatley sounds the goods matched up with the older black and chrome lifan engine (due to keeping costs down) the donk is a reliable and powerfull mini that responds to the twist of the throttle almost instantly.The gears are well spaced but traditional riders will find the all up shift a change to get used to however first time riders will have no problems adjusting.The clutch holds great once the cable is oiled and kicks consistantley on first or second kick.Again like its brothers the x6r's engine is focused on the top end power leaving the rather dull bottom end for dust this resulting for racers and riders riding minicross tracks and tight single track to having to fan the clutch to keep the mill singing. 81/100 :)

Suspension and handling:
non adjustable 46mm usd forks and a semi adjustable rear shock is featured on the x6r to again keep costs low however the suspension package i found was actually really good for my wieght ,i found the fork had the correct progression being plusher at the top and stiffer at the bottom of the stroke.The shock accomedates the front forks on par both suited to each other however the shock is a pain in the datehole for quick adjustments as the thing needs abit of adjusting to get right however most will find it adaqute for the type of play riding its suited to however the crusty demon inside us all will find the limit of the suspension package limited if it has been pushed passed its limits.As for handling the x6r is nimble in the air and feels more like a bmx than a dirtscooter which is great for bmx trails and jumps thus providing a confidence booster for riders of all catagories.73/100 :)

brakes and ergos:
i found the ergonomics perfect on the x6r for my riding style,the pegs to seat relationship works great giving the rider enough leg room to be comfortable but enough to grip the bike with their knees ,the wider platform pegs are great too and are better than the x7r's however riders will find their arms being cramped by the low stock bars and their palms will be shredded by the hard and uncomfortable grips.The seat is also quite firm providing riders will a sore ass if they spend to long in the sattle and the seat cover is slippery.the same brakes are used as will all of mso bikes and do the job of braking respectively however the front wheel tucks under if the front brake is used suddenly and the lever bend is mongo.The rear brake does a great job once the pads are worn in and pulls the bike in nicely in to corners. 72/100 :)

Overall the x6r is a ideal bike for those guys wanting to get into the mini scene and people that are looking for a reliable ,and good looking mini without the price tag.Mso's customer service is amazing too ,Ken and Linda will both go out of there way to help with anything.This bike rides and looks amazing when taking into account the price and is definatley a option for those guys in the market for a new mini that dont have alot to spend.

What broke:
ripped valve out of backtube

reccomended upgrades:
High rise bars ,pro taper xr50 bends etc = $84.95
mcs cr shorty levers =$20.00
mobile semi synthetic 4t oil (best result in mini's)= $7
new soft half waffel grips and wired= $15
gripper seat cover (red barron)=$50
rim lock for rear tube=$60 (including instilation)

ill get a photo soon on here

another f@#$in good review louis....i remember that day at charlestown wen u tore the tube out... lol bryce let the tyre down to much lol.... haha it went good after we found a pump cruzin the streets on the minitrail lol

thanks boys for the comment.Timmy ,im going over to your house soon to ride with you and abo dylan ,mybe longweekend or something ay .Scab.

ok its a date :p....abo dylan snap his axle lol... so we put 1 in the we found at my house that is a bit bent but doin the job but he has to still get a new 1 coz it can damage his cones...but yeh ride 4 surre

it would be a bit big i would think for a 9 yo get a pitpro 110cc for a 9 yo

yer, that was a heeps good review, but i wish someone could do a review like that on a ducar motor, a 125cc atomic, coz eveyone just says that there crap and dont give any reasons. And heeps of people want to buy them coz there so cheap so it should help a lot of people.

yer, that was a heeps good review, but i wish someone could do a review like that on a ducar motor, a 125cc atomic, coz eveyone just says that there crap and dont give any reasons. And heeps of people want to buy them coz there so cheap so it should help a lot of people.
I've got a TDR 125 which has a Ducar motor in it. I've had it for about a 4 or 5 weeks now and I have not had one problem. Ducar hold a couple of records for the longest continuous operation for more than 10,000 kilometres and for the longest continuous riding (6 days and five nights). Not many people on here like the Ducar motor but mine seems to be going fine.

I've never owned a ducar but old mate timmy has. He got it stock in the early agb-27's , got it in 2005. Its now nearly 2009 , with 2 oil changes in its life , filter has been cleaned once ( Uni) and valves never checked its still goes hard.
He rode it without a clutch lever for a good couple of weeks , no worries. The thing got preety smokey when it sat for a while during his build but we got it going again. The carb was cleaned a few weeks ago and it ran better than new apparently.
I can tell you its more of a mid range motor ( Black motor , not grey) as its preety gutless in the top end even with the right gearing. The non start in anygear is a bit shit but you get over it.
Basically it is bulletproof , but like all things chinese its the consistancy that sucks - you might get a good motor as such but you might get a piece which will fail no matter how strictly its maintained.

thanks 4 that, im tossen up now wether 2 get that now, or wait for more money and get a dhz..

wat do u think??

Latest posts

Back