2007 Team Mini Me/Moto Nutrition Race Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Me Racing 38

Reaction score
Hey,
Id like to Give a Quick review of My Team Mini Me/Moto Nutrition Race Bike

IMG_0537.jpg

2007 Pitster Pro X4 Model, with "Oldschool worked" Suspension:

First of all I would like to thank Gary at Pitster Pro and Jeramiah at SGR Racing for the Hook-up on the SGR "Vegas" 146cc Motor, Mark Mclean at Mini Me Racing for the Bike and Mike Silva over at Moto Nutrition for Sponsoring the Team with Graphics and Uniforms Thanks For The Support...

On the track I was pleased that even the Stock Fork and Shock are great out of the Crate..... But I Put the skills and sources out there and Serviced the Forks with a Fork oil change, a 20wt oil and custom stack shims to resist "Squating and Bottoming" for my Personal Preference only and to take advantage of the full potential and travel.... Dont even ask

The Bike had and felt much firmer and that was accomplished with the Oil change (service) Alone. Both ends were extremly well balanced and gets my confidence under Race conditions. the forks are Plush and compliant with the Small and Big Bumps and firm on the Stroke hitting the Jump face and Landings I just had to play with the Rebound Setting a bit to get them were I liked it.

Out back the Shock Comes with a 800lb spring (Stock) But I upgraded and went with a (1000lb) Spring a "Personal Preference" which gave it a whole new feel, its Plush and Predictable with hard excelleration. Its a great feel and excellent bottoming resistance on hard landings. and again I only had to play with the Rebound Clicks a bit to my Preferences.

The Power Plant:

IMG_0539.jpg

The 146cc SGR Pro Motor is the Motor out of the "Vegas" Bike that Dean Horsten rode to Both 10" and 12" Pro mains at MMSX

Well as soon as I Fired up the bike for the first Time it was clear that it meant Business, I took a guess at the Jetting and only had to Go up to a 112 Main 42 pilot in the Kehlin 24mm Race Carb ive been using on my Race Bikes for a Couple of years now...Ive got that Carb working well and its dialed in. Prehaps a 26mm and a Inner Rotor Might give it a bit more topend..but thats not what Im looking for.

with the Jetting dialed in the throttle responce was quick and crisp, Cause as soon as I pulled onto the track and went up through the gears " The SGR Pro 146cc Motor"........RIPS this bike is Holeshot material Period!!

The Power hits Strong Down low, and really pulled out of the corners so throttle control is needed to keep the rear end from shooting out and the front end from comming up. The Midrange is awesome and pulls hard that you have to shift your body forward a bit to keep the front end down.

Up on the topend is the much the same it pulls great shifting up from 3rd to 4th without Going flat which I like cause I can go to a Higher Gear through the turns to flow and increase corner speed. the Deep Sands of Southwick couldn't hold this bike back as it pulled hard up the Spectator jump in Skidplate dragging deep rutts and it Never bogged once....

All in all this bike Will run with the Big Dollar BBR Midsized Bikes and this Combination with the right Rider " is a KLX KILLER " ....

Parts & Sources

2007 Pitster Pro X4 Model $1695.00 + Shipping
SGR 146cc Pro Motor complete $1499.99
SGR 146cc Kit $849.99
SGR 146cc Pro X4 BIKE $2495.00

Pitster Pro
SGR Racing
Mini Me Racing
Moto Nutrition
Factory Connection

Last edited:
That bike looks so tasty man, how many races you won? Racing pittys would be so fun.. are you sponsored?

That bike looks so tasty man, how many races you won? Racing pittys would be so fun.. are you sponsored?

There will be a Huge Pit bike series (Transworld MX Masters of Mini Series) out here on the East Coast With some Major Industry sponsors that Starts in August and Runs through to December with 2 Rounds of SuperCross, 2 rounds of Motocross and 1 round of Motard. Last years final Round had 476 moto entries and was in the worlds largest indoor MX track 330,000 sqft the series will have over $6800.00 in Pro Purse payout for 10" and 12" wheel classes

This series will be the first real race on this Bike. and I listed all of our teams sponsors in the article and signature

Thanks for asking

g'day mate ,just wondering wat sort of keihin carb its got there? is it a pd24?

I run a PE 24mm Carb I get the Best all around Power hit from low to midrange that im looking for and the tracks we run over here the topend delivery is more than enough. It runs great no stumbles, coughs or pops....

a 26mm and even a 28mm Carb will work on this motor the Head with (porting work and Valve size and Cam) will handle them But I feel is Overkill. Unless I was looking to run a Wide open Full sized Big Bike track.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back