2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do you think you can do that with lights the kuda pro has? if so would i wire the lights to the battery that the elec start uses?

I dunno about using the same stuff off a kuda pro but I know any bike can be fitted with lights and horn for rec reg.

atomik sell rec reg kits too btw, way overpriced though

so where do you think i should get em?

thanks for this help by the way:)

get all the stuff at the cheapest places you can find, I can't be much more help than that, have a search of the forum there's a few threads with all the info you need

Atomik blitz 250cc

Hey
Ive just purchased an Atomik blitz 250, put it together and theres a funny scraping/clicking noise when i ride i dont know what it is, but i think it might be the brake pads any suggestions?

How long do you suggest i run it in for?

Also what is the name of the padding used for wrapping the exaust because the plastics touch it and might melt?

Cheers!!!

I think you are supposed to run it in for about 3 tank fulls but make sure you change your oil regulary during the break in period. is the bike good for an atomik?

hi there iride4life if you are around the ferntree gully area you should try a place called motorbike city there number is (03) 97588000 i got my rec reg kit there i think it was like $280 for the full kit front and rear lights horn mirror and wiring lume and wires hope this helps you out fill free to send any pics of you blitz i am trying to make a collection of them to compare them

Last edited:
l purchased my rec. reg kit (for Blitz 250) from Atomik Keysborough ($100) and they gave me a contact for someone to fit the unit in Moorabbin. l'll let you know how l go with that. l am however having problems with a flat spot (approx. half throttle) and not sure if it is too much fuel. l've checked the spark plug and it is real black, indicating it is running rich. Will swapping the main jet down have an effect from half throttle?

Hi all im new to miniriders but im interested in buying an atomik blitz 250cc but im unsure if it is a wise buy i have ridden motobikes before and i used to own an 06 motovert 125 my mates own big bikes
crf250,wr426,yz125 and so on but will i be able to keep up with them and what are a few good mods to get a few extra few ponies out of this. also very good review thankyou

Undertaker- i don't have a Blitz yet but i will be geting one in the very near future.

You won't be able to keep up with generally the jap bikes because they are alot better considering the riders are on the same level.

But on the other hand i beat a modded Yamahe ttr125 large wheel in a drag with my Elstar 125.

Anyone tried the yamaha plastic's on an atomik yet????? just keen to know if they will fit straight on or need slight modifications?

wasn^t here for a while ...so a recend update
yes the 2006 yz plastics fit, only the forkprotectores have to be cut a bit....we are running this moto mostly on some tight MXtrack and here is the list of things already happened:
stator loose after 2 Hrs.
throttle cable kinked after 2 hrs.
carb inlet broken 3hrs
already ajusted the valves two times...still not seated..
frontforkseals done after 11hrs
several nuts and bolts replaced again
tanks leaking after10 hrs
steering bearings shot after 10 hrs
exhaust stud broken after 12 hrs
brake hose leaking front and rear 12hrs
new chain after 25 hrs
forkseals agin shot after 28hrs...changed the fork for a rm125 1995 fork
shock bushing shot after 30 hrs.
stator shot after 33 hrs.
front wheel shot after light hit...changed for a rm125 wheel 33 hrs.
noisy valve train....tensioner replaced after 35 hrs

and so on and so on!!

there is now 50 hrs of ridin on that thing and I seriously think that , if you don^t be a skilled mechanic, this bike gets not older than a Year, if you ride it like it should!!
This thing is a constant headache

Keep you posted;)

Last edited:
man im not saying ur no good at maintaining bikes but my atomik hummer, now this is a shithouse hummer we are talking about never had one problem in 18 months. didnt even do the valves and started first time every time. i think u got a dud.
i dont own this anymore.. have moved to a cr125.
good luck. also how much $$ can u estimate you have spent on it?

Ok so but for a beginner rider not attempting any bigger jumps are general flogging it, would it hold up as a weekend much around bike???? thanks for the info everyone

Ok so but for a beginner rider not attempting any bigger jumps are general flogging it, would it hold up as a weekend much around bike???? thanks for the info everyone

no it probably won't,
if you want a 250cc you can get a 2nd hand 2004 model for $3k

I am a novice and I neeed some help!

Hey all,

I just purchased my Blitz 250 this Saturday and have put the bike together. It started first go - very impressed, but bike idles extremely high when the choke is ON. Turned the choke off, and bike seems to still run slightly high. I noticed that the bike flats out when I pull the throttle back and also backfires.

I was planning to start playing with the idle screw, but have noticed that the when the choke is OFF, the "gold metal" switch next to the choke rattles something silly. Is this normal, or should it be fixed when in the 3 choke postions?

Do you have any recommendations on what else I can do?

Latest posts

Back