2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Thump*140.

I have a Atomik Blitz 250 show in this link - Blitz250M - Dirt Bike - Default Store View

Thank your for your review about the bike.
I want to change informations and tricks about this bike.

My mods are:

ENGINE PERFORMANCE- I change the rear 51 teeth rear spocket for a 42 to make it longer the transmission

CARBURETTION Keihin 30mm PD – I change the main jet to 105# and Pilot Jet to 36#, and the needle is in 5th position from the top

Exhaust – I cut 15cm from the exhaust tip, to make it smaller, and cut 2cm in the exhaust tube.

Clutch – I put 2mm rings in the clutch springs to make them harder.

Rear Link System – the problem there is that the holes in the link, and the anchor holes in the frame and top and down of the rear shock have 12mm in hole, but the bolts use there have 11.8mm.
You must open them to 13mm and put a small tube with 13mm out and 11.8mm inside, to all work tight.
The bold that take the rear swingarm, have a big gap too, so, you have to have the same thing as the rear link, open the holes in frame, and using small tube to make it all tight too.

The rear shock - Come without any oil, so I give it to an expert to open it up, and put it working, the inside seals are all wrong as stock, so it change them, and use different valves, so that now, the shock works good and the adjustables screws work too.

Front shock – The front shock is very hard, and don’t read the floor in dirt. I open it up, and inside I only find 3 diferent springs, no oil inside, and did not find any kind of seals, so I don’t understand how did you put oil inside it.

Wheel Bars – You can use a rubber pice with 4/5mm to put between the towers of the wheel bar, to have out vibration, and use a piece of rubber on the bolt that tight the rear exhaust tip to take off vibrations too.

The air box – I make small hole on it too.

Brakes – My brakes are very bad, maybe you get your bike with the new brake pads with no aubestos compound, and it brake better. Mine does not brake very well in front, and the rear, almost does not do nothing. I made with 1mm metal some pieces with the draw of the pads, and now the brakes work little better.

Can you answer my questions?
Carburator – Did you still use the lateral valve of the carburator?
What Pilot jet you use, and using the main jet 100# ?
What position you use on the needle of the carburator ?

Front Shock – How, and were did you put the oil in the front shock?

Motor - Don´t you have a funny noise from the gears? it shows more with the motorcycle runing wen you take out gas, like something scraping inside the gears. I try to use a 15w 40 oil, but it still does the same thing.

Clutch - Does your clutch work ok? Wen i try to make a wheely, i can let go the clutch very fast that, the bike does not make a jump forward, it seems that the plates always leet go some of the power, i dont see this on the air cooled chinese engines, why does a loncin 3 generation does this? I try a thin spacers on the clutch springs, make it better, but not ok.

My best regards for all.

want more info about the engine. how to get more ponnys?

does anyone know where the battery is placed as i dont want to get the blitz it it is next to the back sidefender or the airbox ( as i want to cut out grab holes) also do you think that adding a thumpstar slip on pro circuit exhuast would do?? I would have do cut the pipe to the muffler to slip it on but it would look tiddier and a how lot tricked having that on the side!!

does anyone know where the battery is placed as i dont want to get the blitz it it is next to the back sidefender or the airbox ( as i want to cut out grab holes) also do you think that adding a thumpstar slip on pro circuit exhuast would do?? I would have do cut the pipe to the muffler to slip it on but it would look tiddier and a how lot tricked having that on the side!!

I dont see the point in cutting grab holes on a bike which you wont be able to jump any were near far enough to use them.
And the idea of putting a mini exhaust on a big bike??? ahh yeah...

mate why advertise your listings in a post?? it most likly get deleted or something..

DON'T get the blitz for FMX it'll most likly snap in half.

Just purchased one of these for the missus to follow me around on and picked it up today,

the reveiw was a good read and thanks for the information, looks like i'll be giving it some tlc before she ride it then :p

how do the carbys mount on to these
is it a push in or bolt on?

Dazza and Bulldog are right mate .... this thread is a great review and a great guide to getting one of these sorted AS BEST YOU CAN ....most of the guys buying these have an idea of the bikes abilities and realize these things are limited and not something you'd wanna point at a ramp .... it's a trail bike .... if you use it for FMX you'll fold it like a deckchair ;)

As for the exhaust ??

NO ;)

Last edited:
in the first 2 hours of running it in around a FLAT paddock the rear suspension dampener cracked completely in 2 and the chain broke... waiting for my replacement....

Mate your doing the choke back to front
you push it all the way up the start and then once you have it running push it all the way down so it doesn't vibrate and jump back and forward. I just found this out cauce when i was riding it would vibrate and backfire and all this. She will backfire and all that untill she is warm then she will rip

Hey all,

I just purchased my Blitz 250 this Saturday and have put the bike together. It started first go - very impressed, but bike idles extremely high when the choke is ON. Turned the choke off, and bike seems to still run slightly high. I noticed that the bike flats out when I pull the throttle back and also backfires.

I was planning to start playing with the idle screw, but have noticed that the when the choke is OFF, the "gold metal" switch next to the choke rattles something silly. Is this normal, or should it be fixed when in the 3 choke postions?

Do you have any recommendations on what else I can do?

overdue updates

Ok, so this is way overdue, but the Blitz has been sitting in the shed gathering dust, rather than being ridden... sadly...
i've recently bought a house, so all the intended mods have been put on the back burner, with the exception of those that i can do myself...
The suspension mods, will probably end up being a case of having the standard stuff modified and revalved by HOEY Racing Suspension in RAdelaide... They did a fantastic job of turning the Fast-Ace boingers on my lil KTM 250SX-F copy into something resembling a jap bike in handling, so i'm interested to see what they can do with the shocks on the Blitz.
In the meantime, i've shortend the muffler by 125mm, which has had no appreciable effect on volume, but has allowed it to rev a little harder up top, which seems to be a problem with the Gen 3 Loncins, particularly those that run the same muffler set up as the Blitz... massive overkill for what is really a tractor motor... The shortened muffler lets it rev a bit more freely, and seems not to fall on it's face at high revs quite so much..
have also put the original LE plastics back on the fourfif as the big girl was looking a bit tatty, thus the Acerbis replica plastics have found their way onto the Blitz. Coincidentally, for all those posing the question of YZ-F plastics fitting the Blitz, they are a straight bolt on proposition. the only thing requiring mods or cutting, was drilling a relief hole on the right hand side of the rear guard, where the bolt for the muffler bracket screws into the frame. (bolt a tad longer than what it needed to be, problem is the same on the YZ-F's...)
overall i thought the YZ-F plastics really improved the look of the Blitz, and i intend to paint the Blitz frame in matte black, as the primer coat it comes in, looks crap, basically, and is prone to surface rust... anyway here's the pics of the yellow section in my stable....
yellowbikes.jpg

yellowbikes2.jpg

no joke i had to look a couple of times to figure out which one was which. lol

yes, i'm fearing the day when i accidentally point the blitz at a triple, and discover a whoops moment at the last second...:eek:

Update again...
Have fitted a 26mm OKO Flatslide to the Blitz. I havent got any photos to show of the conversion, cause basically, there is no room to take any pics in there, and you cant see anything...
I will say, this is a complete b****** of a carby to fit into the Blitz frame. There is very little room to move when it comes to cables, fuel lines, but especially the air filter.
I have had to delete the standard airbox, as the intake bellmouth of the carby measures 50mm, and the intake snorkel going from the airbox to the carby measures only 42mm... dont fit... so i've used the standard air filter that's fitted to most pit bikes and chinas etc. Space around the air filter and carby itself is down to 2mm in places, so it takes awhile, a fair bit of swearing, and a beer and cigarette in the middle to calm down to finish making it fit... ha ha... however, there is a plus side..
With the muffler shortened as per my previous post, and the 26mm Flatslide carby, it's brought the motor to life. throttle response off idle is much better, a lot quicker to rev, and is jetted a lot crisper. The "fluffy" exhaust note is gone, replaced with a very sharp bark.. so i'm thinking the jetting is pretty spot on. It idles quite nicely, but takes awhile to draw fuel and start from cold. This has more to do with the stuuuuupid routing of the fuel lines, and the length of fuel line required by the OKO carby. (nearly a foot of fuel line, that doubles back all over the place due to the fuel tap placement, in-line filter etc)
So far have only had a chance to go up and down the driveway, but it seems to have replaced the dead zone at high revs. Second gear proceeded to light the back tyre up for the length of the driveway. Ok, so knobbies and paving arent a good indication, but the carby has made a huge difference to the performance... hopefully this is the answer to the crappy power put out by the Gen 3 Liquid cooled Loncin...
full report will be added on here if i ever get to ride the thing on the dirt, as i'm currently without a tow car.
God, Dammit.... :(

What mods you reckon to make this bike a real powerhouse?
can they source performance parts for these like bore kits, race cams, head, valves, ignition, FMF's.
These could be really good bikes if you spend a little money on them, may even keep up with the Jap 250's

I dont think you'll ever get one of these to keep up with a jap 250... too heavy, and completely the wrong sort of motor... these are old tractor motors with radiators.. they can be made to be more powerful, but not 250F powerful... those things are getting close to 40hp these days...
Heads can be ported, carbies can be changed, exhausts can be folded up... But as far as i know, there arent many "off the shelf" items out there to improve them. Those that have improved the rolling chassis, have fitted suspension components from other bikes to them... havent heard of any one having success revalving the stock stuff, but that will change soon, when i've had mine done...
cams etc, i havent seen any.
When ADB mag tested the Puzey mxer, Stoney creek imports (???) did say that they could make motors to be a lot stronger, after the testers complained of the low power output of the Loncin Gen 3 250, but they'd prefer the customer did so...

in that review they said it had a claimed 25hp but the guy from Puzey said he wants the customer to find the next 5-10hp which he thinks is achiveble

Man that is the best review I've ever read - I'm bidding on one now...

Wiring for Rec Reg

Hi I have a Blitz and had nothing but trouble with it until i read this forum. Some of you are quite informative. Mine came with a 105 main jet which i have changed to a 98 main as well as changing the CDI unit and opening up the air box. front wheel can be lifted easily now, seems to rev well from take-off. So thanks for all who have posted the info etc.

Now to my question. wiring for rec reg. does anyone have a diagram?? I bought a kit from, believe it or not, Peter Steven FTG for only $100 cash. they also sorted out my jets for me as mine came with a 30mm Keihin copy. I dont know what color wires to tap into. can you help me.

Cheers!!

hi, just wondering if the YZF side plastics will fit aswell. I have a mikilon 250 (punch it into ebay) it is the exact same bike i beleive but with honda style plastics which have cracked due to it dropping on it's side int reh ute. so i intend to replace all the plastics with that off a YZF. so i have pulled the complete bike down to the bare frame tonite, going to paint all the parts that are in under coat. it is amazing how much surface rust i have found when everthing is pulled off and my bike is only 4 months old and washed every time after i ride (probably doesn't help).

Yeah so woudl be very helpful if anyone can check and tell me if the side covers will fit aswell. Also i find the fork's on mine to be very stiff and it takes it out of me over rough trails, will changing the fork oil help this???

also when you say shortening the muffler you mean drilling ut the rivets and taking the end plate out and cutting the muffler down then re drilling and riveting the end cap back on??? I pulled mine off tonite and help it up to the light i can't even see through it at all??? should i be able to? i thought they would eb a straight through design????

this threasd ha sbeen a big help. also will any type of pro tapers fit??? i wanna upgrade thanks

Latest posts

Back