2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack, theres a couple of shocks in the US on ebay, check ebay.com instead of au. Landed its still $100 cheaper than here. Just look out for signs of a hard life, first give away is the rubber stopper missing, if its gone its been pounded to death. Either through bad setup or abuse, dont touch it. check for any rust on chrome shaft, loose or out of alignment top bushing and generally if they are keen to sell it it should be in clean condition.
Im only up the Gold coast if your ever around, or if you get to QMP, let meknow.

30mmOKO arrived. Just under $50 out of China, see here OKO 30mm Racing Carburettor Performance Carb GY6 50 150cc Scooter Baotian Znen | eBay

According to Sean01 in his thread http://www.miniriders.com/carby-and-tuning/26815-keihin-pwk-copy-carb-mods.html
...mine is an OKO. But with the exception that it has the non hex Emulsion tube. Everything else is per the OKO he has shown. My Emulsion tube even has 8 holes! These copies are getting very good.

I contacted DHZ and described my carb so I could get new jets, according to them I have a copy cause it has un marked jets, no size detail on them at all. Also mine has the additional vacuum port above the intake bell connecting via a tube to the bowl. Vey small opening in the intake bell would only suck under reasonable pressure, but this is not standard OKO and is designed for the gy150 scooter. Best to block it off, its a pain to tune. Meanwhile the manifold has been coming along, see next reply.

Last edited:
Custom manifold for OKO30m onto blitz. Cannot run it straight back as Thump did so I went looking for a manifold that turns almost 90 degrees with a tight radius. Could not find one with the 62mm bolt spacing and at least 28mm internal diameter. So I decided to make it.
Found 25mm water pipe joints at Bunnings, invested $7. worked out the angles and started cutting.
Manifold-top.jpg
Manifold-side.jpg

From the existing manifold I templated the plate, cut from mild steel 3mm.
Welded it up. Ground it clean..ish and added a ridge for my rubber adaptor.
in-man-weld-ground4.jpg
in-man-weld-ground3.jpg
in-man-weld-ground.jpg

Pipe is 31mm id. So I needed to neck it down with epoxy to feed it nicely into the 27.5mm intake on the head.
I made a thin cardboard template for the head port location. I stuck a tube in the intake port and cut a hole in a piece of cardboard the same diameter 27.5. Then sat the existing manifold over it and traced the bolt holes and perimeter. Removed it all and held it against the manifold with nuts and bolts. This means the hole in the middle is now exactly in line with the head. Fill it with epoxy around the sides, in stages and bore/grind out the rough spots.

in-man-finish1.jpg
in-man-finish3.jpg

The down side is its a bit heavy, the up side is its perfect and port matched. When the jets arrive I will add carby and tune.

Last edited:
Nice find, I was looking at exhaust pipe 1 3/8 mandrel bend but the arc was too big. These look pretty nice, thanks my67xr. Im just not sure about welding stainless yet. But I think I will get a couple for the price to try.

it's the same as steel to weld, just mig it or whatever you used on the other
the weld wont be corrosion resistant but a bit of paint fixes that.

Hi guys...ive just acuired a 08 blitz and it looks good and starts well it runs like crap.ive ordered 2000 yzf forks and a rear shocker from a suzuki go fix the pogo like ride..will be doing the enging mods as soon as funds are available..its my first bike so im having fun and love to tinkering...ive got a well equiped workshop at home for my car resto business so nothing is too hard.

Updates for my bike include....dr250 rear shock and linkage assembly fitted...took a bit of modding the swingarm and frame mounts but it fits and works well.
Cleaned and repacked all roller bearings...greased all the moving parts and cleaned everything...retightened all bolts to remove end float...fitted a rubber packer under the rear brake caliper and its now totally silent when riding....it actually make the fork feel useable now when riding it..but some yzf forks are on the cards..possibly even next.
Did the muffler chop and repacked the glass.
What is the preference in carby these days....26mm 28mm or 30mm? Keen for a bit more in the top end.

oh wow, i cant believe this thread is still going.

Unfortunately Toms Blitz is no more, the problem with these bikes is they need a lot of upgrade parts.

When i got this bike it was put back to stock, all the suspension blew out, frame cracked etc.

Tom added a lot of Jap parts to his, if ya gonna spend the money on Jap suspension, wheels etc for this bike may as well get a Jap bike lol. PLus this ****er was heavy lol

Hahah dont tell me that....Yzf front forks are in the post now...just waiting to scrounge some more cash for the flatslide and ignition upgrades...

Actually forks just arrived...fitting them tonight i think.

Wrf400 forks fitted..i used original lower triple clamp from the blitz and the yammy top clamp..had to get some new bars but i found some yammy bars at my local shop for $20...score..
Ive used the original blitz front wheel but i turned up some plugs/axle adapters on my lathe so i can just use the original blitz wheel...axle..spacers and the nut ive macined a recess into the adapter and flipped the nut around and bronzed it in there.. works very well.
A liberal amount of grease in the headstem bearings and wheel bearings...the brakes ive just redrilled the caliper and adapter plate to suit the WR fork legs..
The rear i used a DR450 shock and linkages except ive retained the blitz link thats goes to the front of the swingarm.had to redrill the holes in that to accept the suzuki parts tho..
The DR450 shock has a remote res so its well out of the way now and over the other side near the electronics...exhaust side is very open now..
The DR450 shock has a wider upper mount so i cut a adapter with the plazma cutter to bolt it up to the blitz frame...no more rattles anywhere now when im riding it...ive even siliconed some tyre tube rubber under the rear caliper to stop that rattling.
The kick starter was worn out...that i redrilled and replaced the ball and spring with a bigger unit...it now sits tight and doesnt flap around or rattle..

The muffler ive cut down and repacked the fiberglass..

Cleaned and regreased every moving part...

Rerouted the fuel lines and replaced some..bled brakes and replaced all fluids

Last night i ordered a 26mm oko flatslide and the race ignition..

The blitz has gone from a slow rattly pogo stick.to somthing that actually feels quite good to ride.when i got the blitz it hadnt done much work...been crashed twice and always garaged...for a 2008 model china its coming up quite well for my first dirt bike.
Keen to see some improvement with the engine mods this week!!!

+ Rep's !

Pitty you didn't go with the 30mm OKO though ?
It's much more suited to the bigger cc's

I was im two minds wich way to go with the carby..i never did find too much info on 28s and 30s on the 250cc....but i can always upgrade again later on...

Yer i read that thread...good read...
Carb turned up today..its fitted but the throttle cable is definatly too short so ill refitt the old one...started dead easy and sounds great.ill finnish the air filter and cables in the morning.will do a test flight at smoko i think.
Ill post up a few pics here tomorrow...i probs wont start a new thread as its all been covered here before...apart from my DR shock conversion

Wow...bike is great now with the oko flatslide..will throw up some pics after work

Just fitted another oko flatslide in 28mm....getting is a bit big tho....with a K48 and a 136 main...any reccomendations anyone? Seems pretty toey tho...i like it!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back