Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoozo

Banned Wanker of the Century
Reaction score
So I picked up a 2008 PitPro yesterday second hand. Its a 124cc Lifan copy, as close as you can get to the real thing but not the real thing...bloody china!

I did a whole bunch of work to it today. The expert spanner spinner my67xr helped me with the carby in the early afternoon, he saw at least a few things I would have never noticed...like the fuel bowl was warped, the float wasnt sitting flat, jets WAY to small. After that I came home put the freshened up carby back on, drained the old oil, put in some new oil. Changed the plug, cleaned the air filter which was more grease than filter, did the valve clearances which had never actually been done. Then gave it a fire to see how it would go. Once I figured out the fuel tap was off it fired up first kick! Very impressed, will need to do something about that muffler though...sounds way to tinny for me....and the rear tyre is flat.

Intending on doing some work to the brakes, just a bleed then replace pads if needed. New forks will go on it at some point and a new rear shock too. Maybe a couple of other bolt on parts as well. See how we go!

Here is a vid I made to show me starting it up after doing all this work today, mainly to see if it would start. The bike had really good compression, but after doing the valve clearances today its even better than it was :D

[video=youtube;Pb37yWi-Uec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb37yWi-Uec[/video]

did you adjust the mixtures?
the noise from the muffler sounds like it needs repacking ? think it might be hollow inside
most bikes shops sell a bag of either woven muffler packing or loose packing for about $12
or worst case, pack it with some roofing insulation, it's better than none.

Nope havn't touched the mixtures yet and yes I am positive the muffler is not packed either! Looks pretty cruddy too, may just buy a new cheapie off ebay like the TDR has!

I cant find anything to get into the mixture screw yet. My good victorinox pocket knife, has a small flat head on it that will do 90 degrees and its perfect only about 2cm long for it but I cant find it atm. The mixtures actually sounded ok, its just idling high but just wanted to see if it would start.

I'll do a bit more when I get the tube fixed and find the pocket knife or find a flat head bit somewhere. Probably taking the TDR out tomorrow so I wont be looking at the PitPro again until Thursday. That screw is in an insanely dumb spot...I wonder who figured that was a good place to put that screw....so far its my only gripe with that bike though! I cant believe the valves were never done....isn't that bad for the engine?

yeh for packing the muffler you can also use stainless steel scourers from coles/woolworthes, stc. there was a thread on it i read ages ago, cant find it atm..

Yep I read that thread too about the stainless steel, was thinking it might be a good option until I get some more money, the pit pro literally put me back to 0 :/ but totally worth it!.....I can see Craig shaking his head from here....We have enough problems with old people disliking loud motorbikes as it is :/

Last edited:
lol, you'll need 20+ packs of 6 stainless scourers to fill it.
just call into a roofing insulation place when you're out next, i'm sure they wouldn't mind you grabbing some scraps/offcuts out of their bin.

Yep I'll get something sorted! I think one of my customers is getting central heating/cooling put in atm so I bet there will be some in her garden next week! Sounds really really wrong being that tinny...Wont be riding it for at least a week so I'll get something sorted between now and then!

Right so. New back tyre was put on today...feel kinda impressed I did it all by myself...damn sight harder than putting on a bmx or mtb tyre, but managed to get it done without damaging the tube or the tyre..couple of scratches on the rims but not to worried about that!

Bled brakes which now feel decent, then started it up and had a bit of a putt in the driveway to some majorly dirty looks from the land lord...who just happens to be hanging around today(god knows why)...maybe I should 'fix' the idle speed and piss her off more!!!???

Cleaned it up a bit....and also forgot to get packing for the muffler :(

Its actually revving quite high with the choke on...not sure thats something to do with different make of carby and different choke systems?? I probably need to turn the idle down a little as its sitting at about 800rpm in idle with the choke off!

normal idle speed is around 1000rpm, up to about 1200rpm
it is a bit hard to judge unless you have an Optical Tachometer

and with the choke, it lets more air in on the copy Mikunis that's why the revs increase so much

Awesome! Might have to gr ab one of those...oh I though idle was about 500rpm? My bad....had to turn the idle up on the tdr too...although the air temp has been cooler today. Pulled the muffler off the tdr put it on the pit pro! There are no internals in the pit pro muffler :-/

I may need to borrow that spaces so I can do the mixtures too...not even going to try. I can't just flip the carby 180 degrees and tune it andturn it back around?

Awesome! Might have to gr ab one of those...oh I though idle was about 500rpm? My bad....had to turn the idle up on the tdr too...although the air temp has been cooler today. Pulled the muffler off the tdr put it on the pit pro! There are no internals in the pit pro muffler :-/

I may need to borrow that spaces so I can do the mixtures too...not even going to try. I can't just flip the carby 180 degrees and tune it andturn it back around?

I washed the bike a bit...looking good with the new rear tyre too. Paid $88 for new plastics and seat yesterday...got a bit excited when I figured out I get to choose the colour scheme. Its going to look awesome when I get them!! So basically I need a muffler, the plastics to arrive. New rear shock and new front forks!! Had a bit of a ride in the driveway today. Not sure if its the lack of weight and good motor, or new rear tyre or what but it wants to drift around in the driveway in second :clap: very impressed!!!

I can definitely get some longer forks for the Pit Pro and rake out the front end a bit, check out the difference in rake on the front!!!...That should raise the height of the bike too a little too, the steering angle on the pit pro is a bit steep for my liking atm....
DSC_0193.jpg

i think the head is still in the way if you reverse it, my Atomik is but it has a short s shaped manifold.
and you may need to grind the bottom of the fuel bowl to clear the rocker cover too.

your TDR would perform the same if you had a Mikuni on it.

so there is no perforated pipe inside the muffler ?
i reckon i have one you can have, think it may even have the packing in it too ?
i'll have a look tomorrow.

the Pitpro has 660mm long forks, you could fit some 725mm/730mm's on it.

looking at the rake on the tdr, i would of thought the pit pro would of felt a heap better in the front end? the tdr almost looks choppered lol. if your looking for a set of decent forks pm me i have a brand new set of adjustables for sale...

yeh, if u want to you could take the forks out of the triple clamps of the TDR (it has 730mm forks, as opposed to the 660mm forks you have on the Pitpro) and put them in the Pitpro, they will swap with no modification needed, unless the front brake caliper mounts have different spacing.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm a little hung over today.

I like the idea of swapping the forks...might do it just to have a look what kinda steering angle it goes to with the 730mms on it!

Craig yes there is nada at all in the pit pro muffler(empty and hollow) so another one would be great instead of messing around with the old one,the old one looks pretty cheese anyway compared to the TDR muffler!! It actually looks decent on the pit pro the TDR muffler!!

Yeah I'm not going to touch the carby today either I think I'll grab one of those spacer so I can turn,and do the mixtures. I think that will save any messing.

yep there is NO way in hell those front ends will swap from triple clamp to triple clamp...I just tried and I dropped one of the fork legs on my toe(I need a stand).... I would need to take everything off down to the head set....even then I think it may not fit...All good the TDR can stay as it is and I'll just get some longer forks of someone :D Even the axles on the TDR and the PitPro are different...the PitPro is bigger axle and smaller triple clamp...crazy chinese bike...

Last edited:
So I'm thinking this option might be the best for the forks...to begin with is trying to get a set of OEM forks for the 125se pitpro which are 730mm but will fit the same triple clamps as on the Pitpro!

Last edited:
take your forks out of the pitpro's triple clamps, and measure the ID (inside diametre) of the triple clamp holes. if they are 45mm top, and 48 bottom buy the forks in this add, they are GPX black labels and retain for 400 new. just PM him about the brake caliper mount hole spacing, and see if it matches you front brake caliper :)

http://www.miniriders.com/mini-classifieds/39961-parts-sale.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back