2009 atomik motox

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byh0005

Reaction score
i have had my bike for a while so i thought it was time to do a review

Model: motox

Make: atomik
Year: 2009

Specs:
Engine 124cc ducar generation 2
Fuel capacity 3 liter
Transmission 4 speed manual 1 down 3 up
Suspension System front telescopic rear adjustable shock
Max speed 80kmh
Weight 80 kg
Bike Size midsize
Engine starting kick/electric
Brakes front and rear discs
Seat Height:700 mm

Who this bike is for: this bike is a good bike to start out on as it has a durable gearbox for the price but has the potential to be a real speed demon as it comes fairly restricted from the factory
upgrades:as soon as you get it if not get a new chain wheel as it makes china look bad with the one it has and new levers as they don't appear to be cast properly
things to watch:keep an eye on the head gasket as they don't seem the best parts and all bolts in that area also keep an eye on the bolt that hold the oil in the forks as the are weak and loosen easy
Price: $400-$900

Photo:
DSC_0069.jpg

Last edited:
Ah the old green machine, i had one exactly the same as that! my one was as tough as nails ;)

Byh005 what you have there is an AGB21...
sorry to say, but they do not have a durable gearbox... they feel nice and crisp to shift when new, but the shift star is soft, so make sure you keep the oil changes regular...
as soon as neutral starts getting tricky to find, change the oil before it goes altogether...
99% of pitbikes have all-up gear patterns for a good reason mate..

im just saying to me the gearbox feels durable being i am only leaning on this bike so im not using it right but maybe i got the odd good one from the pack and please explain the agb21 thing as i thought Orion made them as for the tricky to find neutral i have no problems but maybe mine is a one off

Last edited:
price $900 !! what? you must be pretty dumb if you payed that much... these go for around $400 on ebay
head gasket has nothing to do with atomik, it's a ducar engine and you did something wrong if you blew a head gasket..... got nuthin to do with the bike or the motor in it... u ****ed it

im just saying to me the gearbox feels durable being i am only leaning on this bike so im not using it right but maybe i got the odd good one from the pack and please explain the agb21 thing as i thought Orion made them as for the tricky to find neutral i have no problems but maybe mine is a one off

The "AGB-21" thing is the model designation... bit like the Blitz is a Mikilon M96, and the miniBlitz is a D-8-125... Orion (I believe) manufacture the bike, and it's rebadged and sold as any brand that imports and sells it... Dont worry mate, it doesnt mean anything, it's just the model designation...
and yes, your gearbox will feel pretty positive in it's shifts while it's new, but the shift star on them inside the gearbox isnt all that strong, and eventually will wear, and finding neutral will become more difficult as the points of the shift star wear down...
Like i said mate, keep your oil changes up to it, and use your clutch when you're meant to, dont dogbox it everywhere...

As far as 1st bikes go, whilst you could do better, you could also do a lot worse... i paid $1250 for my AGB27 back in 05, but they were a bit pricier back then, and they didnt litter ebay like they do nowadays... they are a rugged little bike, and whilst not being the be all and end all of performance, they can be made into better bikes, like any china... a carb and pipe will make the world of difference...

The "AGB-21" thing is the model designation... bit like the Blitz is a Mikilon M96, and the miniBlitz is a D-8-125... Orion (I believe) manufacture the bike, and it's rebadged and sold as any brand that imports and sells it... Dont worry mate, it doesnt mean anything, it's just the model designation...
and yes, your gearbox will feel pretty positive in it's shifts while it's new, but the shift star on them inside the gearbox isnt all that strong, and eventually will wear, and finding neutral will become more difficult as the points of the shift star wear down...
Like i said mate, keep your oil changes up to it, and use your clutch when you're meant to, dont dogbox it everywhere...

As far as 1st bikes go, whilst you could do better, you could also do a lot worse... i paid $1250 for my AGB27 back in 05, but they were a bit pricier back then, and they didnt litter ebay like they do nowadays... they are a rugged little bike, and whilst not being the be all and end all of performance, they can be made into better bikes, like any china... a carb and pipe will make the world of difference...

ok so sorta like how Holden sell moraros or did to pontiac and vauxaul and they just rebadge them

hey, im thinkin about gettin one of these bikes.. lol
from wat i can read about 'em,
sum people say der crap & sum say der good..
and from wat i can find on the net.,
dey usually have the same faults, jst loose bolts after a few or a ride
and a few weak parts..
but easy fix, i recon..
lik jst loctite most bolts...

motoX models come wit china engines, ducar.. while nitrous models come with lifan engines..
which sum pple say der better or worse than lifan engines..
sum pple say they dnt have any problems on either engines..
so on which one is better, im not too sure on that..
but another thing 125 pitpro and dhz bikes come wit lifan engines..
but jst cost more.. and are real good bikes..

Last edited:
hey, im thinkin about gettin one of these bikes.. lol
from wat i can read about 'em,
sum people say der crap & sum say der good..
and from wat i can find on the net.,
dey usually have the same faults, jst loose bolts after a few or a ride
and a few weak parts..
but easy fix, i recon..
lik jst loctite most bolts...

motoX models come wit china engines, ducar.. while nitrous models come with lifan engines..
which sum pple say der better or worse than lifan engines..
sum pple say they dnt have any problems on either engines..
so on which one is better, im not too sure on that..
but another thing 125 pitpro and dhz bikes come wit lifan engines..
but jst cost more.. and are real good bikes..

yes, some people say that are crap, and some say they are good because:
in china, the companys switch to what ever is cheaper. if you buy a bike, then 3 months later you buy the same model it is not neccersarily goin to be from the same factory, even if it is still an atomik

not many bikes are coming with lifan engines..

atomik nitrous is a YX engine not a lifan
DHZ bikes are YX or Zongshen engines, i think only there 110's are lifan
PitPro's come with lifan's and YX

and yes motox models are rubbish unless you only want to ride it in the back yard or once every couple of months

hey byh0005, wat chain did u end up getting?

can anyone recommend a good cahin to buy for these?
either RK or DID??
im looking at getting a DID..
but jst wana know the main differences...
thanks

so would a DID 428 roller chain wit 126links be rit?
or should i go for a heavy duty type one?

atomik motox should be a 420pitch chain, on ur old chain it'll have 420 or 428 stamped on some of the links
and 128 links is more than enough for any pitbike.

It don't matter what type u get they're all good, just a standard one is more than tough enuff for a pitbike

atomik motox should be a 420pitch chain, on ur old chain it'll have 420 or 428 stamped on some of the links
and 128 links is more than enough for any pitbike.

It don't matter what type u get they're all good, just a standard one is more than tough enuff for a pitbike

ah okk..
thanks
well i havent got the bike yet,lol its on its way..lol
but its one of the things i wana change first.
its spoz comes wit a KMC428.. dnt no how many links thou.

well DID chains 428pitch with 126links.. are only lik 50bucks
so hopefully that wil b great for the bike..

can i ask..i no this isnt the tech area..
but wat the difference in a 428 and 420pitch?
coz the bike says it comes wit 428..

Latest posts

Back