2009 Atomik Nitrous 140cc Review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Jerry

Reaction score
Hi

Thought I would post an initial review of this bike since I found the reviews of bikes on this site helpful when deciding on what pitbike to buy.

Note that I have not owned this bike for long so cannot comment on long term quality / reliability. I also have never owned or ridden any other pitbike so I cannot comment if one brand is better than another. I own a GSXR750, RMX 250.

Model: 2009 Atomik Nitrous 140cc

Price: New on ebay for $690 + shipping

Who this bike is for: I bought this bike for my wife to ride on private property for her PHD research. Smooth predictable 4 stroke power curve makes it easy to learn on. I weigh 90kg and it handles my weight fine. It will not be used for jumps or being thrashed around so I cannot comment on how it will hold up to that kind of use.

I was actually very impressed with the bike, it came well packaged and the overall finish was a lot better than I had anticipated for a sub $1,000 brand new bike.

Note: The bike came with no grease on the wheel / swingarm bearings and the head stem was over tightened. A c-spanner and some grease rectified this problem. I also loctited all the main bolts. From what I read this is common stuff for a pitbike.

The bike turned over easily (kick from TDC) and seems to run smooth without any adjusting. The gearbox is nothing special but considering the price its more than adequate. Suspension handles my weight fine but like I said earlier I have not done any jumps or really aggressive terrain riding.

Overall: We are talking $690 for a nice looking bike that runs well with plenty of spares available. I think its great value for money and if well looked after should not have many issues long term. The best thing about them is that you can play about with all the parts on the bike and really learn how things are put together without being scared you will ruin an expensive bike.

yea the nitrous is a good buy if you want something dirt cheap, I've got 2 pitpro's a 125rr, a 140xr and a nitrous 150. The nitrous is by far the best value for money.
125rr = $850
140xr = $1300
nitrous = $680

The only nitrous part that is inferior to the 125rr is the frame, the frame is poorly welded in comparison, otherwise it's a much better bike, the swingarm is more solid, the exhaust header doesn't have the huge inner weld like the 125rr and muffler is a pro circuit copy, the YX 150cc kills the lifan 125cc and the rear shock is equally crap on both, the forks on both are the same junk but can be improved with an oil change and some preload. the rest of the parts are basically the same.

bottom line is the nitrous is a much better budget buy with the only disadvantage being the weaker frame, oh and the 150cc motor is an older version which has a reputation for cracking the cases on kickback, so make sure you learn how to kick it properly

hello, mfastuca here i have a new 2009 atomik 140cc nitrous i am not sure how to tune it can you please get back to me on how to?
thank you.

i got a 140 nitrous myself and it's been great. been a year and a half now. regular rides at the track (broady). i only change the oil whenever i can be bothered. i got ripped off though, got mine $920, bikes were a bit more expensive when the stimulus packages came :) Still im happy with the power, beats 150s on acceleration. no problems with anything. and just to say i fell in a pond with the big think this hill at the creek was a jump. yer the whole bike went in dirty water. got the bike out. mates helped me. we tipped the bike upside down, drained the petrol. moved the bike around and mud and water came out the exhaust. got some fresh petrol from my mates 150, managed to start it. when we did he valve bounced the thing. but mud and water was shooting out the back. rid it home. changed the oil twice. no problems :) and i don't know why but when i was riding it home from the creek, it actually felt like it had more power.

dvdrip could u explain?

lol i dunno man maybe mud and water blocking the airtfilter leaned it out a bit, If that's the case you have power to gain from tuning your carby properly.
damn that woulda made an awsome vid

my mate owns a 140 nitrous he would be about 90kg he hits jumps and lots of hard terrain and after doing all the things jerry has said when it first arrived, no problems at all except how many shavings were coming out after oil change 10... all in all quick lil bike thats fairly suitable for anything

lol i dunno man maybe mud and water blocking the airtfilter leaned it out a bit, If that's the case you have power to gain from tuning your carby properly.

Regarding the carby i got the air screw out 3 full turns and it might have made a gud vid but i don't want the whole world to know what a stupid thing i did :(

ah yea I mean crap in the filter would richen it.

I'm assuming you're using a mikuni "30mm" (really 25mm).... so having you mixture screw out 3 turns means your pilot jet is too lean

its a molkt 26mm. how many turns should i have it out? 3 too much aye?

Hmmm, sorry bud but i think you meant richened it. As blocking the filter doesn't cause an increase in the air/fuel ratio.

The Molkt screw being three turns out and being an air screw would mean your pilot would be 1 size too big. But really wouldn't be detrimental to the overall performance to much extent.

between 1 and 2 turns, if it needs to be more than 2 out to run good then the pilot is too rich

Latest posts

Back