2009 Mikilon D8-125. Aka "MiniBlitz"

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thump*140

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Ok a few of you will have seen the thread i already have going for the build of the MiniBlitz, but this intends to be a straight review, as opposed to the other "Build-thread".
Found this on ebay last week, and hadnt seen anything like it. Definately a new model to me, and from what i understand, i've got the second one in Oz. That may however be a salesman feeding me bull$hit..
Paid the grand total of $825 for it, plus $130 postage, and it arrived at my work the day after i paid for it, so massive props to Cobb and Co for their postage time... that's right up there with DHZ as far as delivery times go... But i digress...

I havent been able to ride it any further than up my driveway so far, so this wont be a full review like my Blitz thread YET. Once i've ridden it, i'll throw up a proper review, akin to my other one. See if the epicness flows on.. ha ha..
In the meantime, a little info on the D8-125.

Mikilon are the manufacturer, and they've basically downsized the M96. (aka Blitz/Kuda Pro) From what i can tell, the brakes front and rear, and fork guards are pure yamaha copies... Plastics are obviously scaled down versions of the latest KTM's... I like the look of the front end, but the rear end is yet to grow on me... looks a bit lardy around the back, and the long seat stretching back over the rear wheel looks a bit wrong... it will be good however, to move back on the bike, and remain on padding, not rear guard.
The seat is also a great KTM copy, as it's rock hard, and will no doubt be the cause of much monkey butt for owners..
Stock bars are the usual fare (read CRAP) for minibikes, as are the levers. I've already replaced them with ASV copies.
Throttle action is VERY light, which is nice to see, but that could be related to the fact most watches have stiffer springs than the slide spring in the JinGkai carbies...
The frame was the biggest drawcard for me. It's big, low and long. Great for inherit stability, and if the geometry is remotely similar to the bigger Blitz and Kuda Pro, then this thing will be rock solid in a straight line. I dont jump much big stuff anymore, and this bike was purchased with the idea of it being a build platform for something epic in a mini, and not to remain stock, so the frame is perfect for what i want, and very few people will bend one, going by the strength of the Blitz/Kuda pro frames. The Mountain broke one, but it sounds like his Blitz was whored out pretty badly.. ha ha!
Wheels are 17'' front, 14'' rear, with the usual average quality rubber, so this one classifies as a "Bigfoot" mini.. How i dont know, cause it's massive for a mini.. Think Honda CRF150R, and you're on the mark with the size of it. overall height and seat height (850mm) is about the same as a midsize pitbike, (my 140 is 840mm at the seat), but this is physically a much bigger (and heavier!!!) bike. Wheelbase, to put it into perspective is 1300mm long. My monster-framed 140, is 1100mm along the wheelbase... (getting the picture now? same height as a Midsize, but 20cm longer... lots more stable...)
Forks are 37mm diameter upside downers, with external compression adjustment in the top fork caps. How well, or even IF they work, remains to be seen come testing.. The forks also offer 210mm of travel.
Rear shock is your very basic gas charged, oil damped boinger, with no external rebound or compression adjustement, and only has provision for spring preload adjustment. without touching a thing, it seems ok for my weight (92kg) just cruising around the yard, and the sag seems ok, so the basic shock and spring weight might be ok. Quality of damping and actual build quality will be tested in the coming weeks... The shock is 280mm long, running on a loooong swingarm, without any linkages. Mikilon obviously learnt from the joke that is the linkage set-up on the Blitz/Kuda Pro, and made this one a direct-mount set up. The other thing they got right, is the shock and swingarm mount is VERY solid, with no freeplay or rattles apparent so far..
The brake rotors are massive for a mini, measuring 240mm at the front, 205mm at the rear. To put this in perspective, my 06 YZF450 runs a 240mm front rotor... Grouped with a Yamaha/Nissin copy caliper, and the usual XR250 copy master cylinder, brakes feel pretty epic so far...
It's a big bike for a mini by any stretch of the imagination, and sadly the inherit strength of the frame, adds to the weight. My 140, i can pick up and sling around like it's a tool box... The MiniBlitz requires a little more forethought before you pick it up to put it on the stand... I'm guessing it comes in at around 85kg... with little options for reducing weight.
Apparently the D8 comes in either 125 or 150 guise... sadly the 150 wasnt offered on ebay, so i got the 125 model. This makes little difference in my case, as this engine will be used as a doorstop as soon as i can get my hands on a lifan 150... But anyways...
The engine is a 154FMI Zongshen, which if i have my engine designations right, is a 1 down, 3 up 124 cc start in neutral only engine... so it's pretty obsolete as far as pitty motors go... So far the gear shift action is very positive between gears, so i'm guessing the shift star is rather pointy, but it is a little tricky to find neutral, as the gears are pretty close together physically in a shift-sense... Hopefully this will loosen up a little as the motor gets a few more hours on it...
Carby is a pissy little 19mm JinGkai roundslide with one of those terrible butterfly-valve chokes. So far the choke hasnt been required to start it, but the plan is to source a 26mm OKO as soon as possible, and see if that can be tuned to run on a stock 125... Exhaust is a 28mm header running into a 37mm straight through muffler. The carby makes it sound a little fluffy at idle, and a bit foofy, but when the revs come up a bit, the large diameter of the muffler lets her bark pretty well.. Time will tell if the muffler needs upgrading. Having only ridden it up and down the driveway, it's not a firebreather, particularly with the 85kg of bike, and 92kg of Thump it's pulling, but it is pretty torquey, which is probably attributable to the piddly little 19mm carby... Starting is kick-only, and fired on the second kick after the initial set-up was done.
Seeing as i havent ridden it yet, i cant say how well, or otherwise, it performs. as soon as it's put through it's paces, the review will continue much like my Blitz thread has, with updates on life with the MiniBlitz... what breaks, what doesnt, what it does well, and if so, how badly it sucks as a bike... ;)
In the meantime, here's a few pics...
miniblitz-1.jpg

miniblitz2-1.jpg

miniblitz3-1.jpg

MiniBlitzsizedup.jpg

Miniblitzsizedup2.jpg

NakedMiniBlitz.jpg

its..... different. the frame looks strong i would like to see how it goes with a few good rides.
good review mate.

how do you reckon it would look with 14" 12" on it?

im very curious to know on what the ergos are like on this....

this may saound dumb but how do you think this would compete in racing minis?
obviously not bone stock and obviously with 12" 14" combo wheels and more than likely a 155z in it just i am considering one as my next bike but i wanna see this thing put to its limits and see how truely strong that frame is...as you have stated its heavier but that would make up the differnce in weight between me and most other riders

haha 'menstor power'
KTM graphics and a 150 motor will make this pretty descent i reckon, everything on it like frame forks shock rims look strong on it to me..
great review as always btw

Last edited:
how do you reckon it would look with 14" 12" on it?

im very curious to know on what the ergos are like on this....

this may saound dumb but how do you think this would compete in racing minis?
obviously not bone stock and obviously with 12" 14" combo wheels and more than likely a 155z in it just i am considering one as my next bike but i wanna see this thing put to its limits and see how truely strong that frame is...as you have stated its heavier but that would make up the differnce in weight between me and most other riders
14/12's eh? not sure... probably be like running a midsize on 12/10's i'd imagine, it IS a large bike for a mini... I think if you built a motor strong enough ie 150xx upwards, and got power up around 18hp, yeah i think she'd rip pretty hard... might not have the straight line speed of a midsize, but the geometry would give it a few advantages, mostly in the air, or over really rough ground...
To be honest, for a mini, the ergos are REALLY good... everything falls into place nicely, the bars are a good reach, bar-peg-seat relationship is spot on for my height shade under 6ft, bout the only thing i could pick on it for, would be the bar height when in a standing position... nothing taller bars wouldnt fix, but then it IS a Mini...
You've seen how the Blitz gets ridden... my bikes dont get too many hours on them, but they get utterly hammered when we do get a chance to throw a leg over, so we should find the limits of handling and frame strength pretty quickly... Not sure i'd punt it round an sx track, but on a flowing grass track, or a track that has good flow and rhythm, it would fly...
haha 'menstor power'
KTM graphics and a 150 motor will make this pretty descent i reckon, everything on it like frame forks shock rims look strong on it to me..
great review as always btw

yeah if they're built anything like the Blitz, they are pretty solid for a china... means it's heavy, but also solid... yet to bend anything on the Blitz, which runs an identical style and build technique of frame, just bigger... :D
Think the forks and shock will be the big downfall of this bike... Mikilon are yet to work out how to do suspension in chinas... what you do, is put fast ace stuff on it, and dont bother copying Jap parts... ha ha..

Yup. will be stock though. Not modding it engine wise until after the ride day. then it's game on Mofo... :)

hahah mine will be stopck also

hey did it come with the rear mud gaurd? i want a gaurd to stop the dirt gbuilding up on rear shock

why are the graphics still on.......... it would look better plain for a 100000 years. over those homo things, when i get a china bike in the create the graphics come off before i un bolt it..

every day you leave those on a Yamaha rider is converted over to hondas..... think about it lol

hahah mine will be stopck also

hey did it come with the rear mud gaurd? i want a gaurd to stop the dirt gbuilding up on rear shock
yeah mate, the bike came with the rear shockguard standard... and yes, they are a good idea, especially riding in sandy or muddy conditions... will keep crap out of your shock seal..
why are the graphics still on.......... it would look better plain for a 100000 years. over those homo things, when i get a china bike in the create the graphics come off before i un bolt it..

every day you leave those on a Yamaha rider is converted over to hondas..... think about it lol

Mate i agree entirely, and as much as i hate the fact that gay kittens are being born in sydney for every day the Men's Store graphics stay on it, i wear knee braces when i ride... i dont think these plastics are easily replaceable YET, so until i have a spare $130 for the spiffy Eurotrash graphics, the Gayest Graphics Ever will have to stay on the bike. Dont wanna tear the plastics up with my braces, then have trouble replacing them or sticking new graphics on it.
That, and I dont live in Sydney, so i dont really care if it's vastly populated with poofter kitties...

Please feel free to make donations for new graphics at www.GayestGraphicsEverTakeThemOffNow.com.au ..... ;)

Ride review

thump140.jpg
Finally got to fire the MiniBlitz in anger at the recent MiniRiders SA ride day...
Gotta say, i'm really, really impressed with the bike, Mikilon really got this one right.
Sufficed to say, i'm more than a little surprised, given what i've done to make the Blitz 250 a rideable bike... :)
HANDLING
This thing actually rides like a big bike... Straight line stability far surpasses any other china mini i've ridden, and even the whoops at Jams couldnt throw it off line...
I'd say this is attributable to the wheelbase and steering rake, as well as the long swingarm... It has none of the stability issues inherent with most china minis, but then i guess it isnt really a pit bike... Midsize mini would be a better description..
Surprisingly, the suspension actually held up very well, particularly with 92kg of fat-ass on it... didnt manage to bottom either end out in the whoops, very little dive under brakes, and the rear end tracked well under acceleration, even over the rough stuff...
Really starting to make me wonder how good this bike will be with the YZ85 front end i have lined up for it, and either a DNM or FastAce rear shock under the bum...
BRAKING
Braking power is epic, which with the massive rotors front and rear, i was kinda expecting... as the pads are wearing in, the brakes are gaining a lot of feel, the rear is nice and progressive in it's stopping power, and the front should be good for some nose wheelies when i can find some ground that actually offers some traction...
ENGINE Pfft *giggle*
The only thing i could pick on with the bike, would be the lack of power... but then it's running a ZOnger 125 in a 84kg bike, with 92kg of Thump on it... i did manage to keep up with the 140's that were there, but that was mostly through the twisty stuff and over rough ground, so i'd say it's mostly the size of the bike, decent handling, and perhaps cause i started riding a few years before most of the 140-mounted pilots have been alive... Maintaining corner speed is easy, but without those extra hp that a bigger motor offers, keeping up down the straights wasnt quite so simple...
I did throw an OKO 21mm Flatslide on it, which gave it hell of a lot more over-rev, and an increase in overall power, but that clearly outlined the need for a decent CDI, (note that by "decent", i mean crappy ebay Hi-Rev CDI...) For some reason, this thing was hitting the limiter pretty easily, and breaking down at higher revs... it was also running on after being at WOT, which i've attributed to the OKO needing a slightly bigger pilot jet... as response off the bottom was a little hit or miss, and a bit fluffy..

Overall, i'm really, really surprised at just how good this bike is... Obviously it wont go near a 85cc mxer, or a CRF150R, but for a $900 bike, it's a weapon, and with the stability of the bike, added to the handling and the size of the thing, i'd confidently say this is a better beginners bike or girlfriends/wives bike than any pitbike on the market..

And for those of us who think stock is gay, and like throwing good money at cheap chinas, well, the potential to be something epic is there.... Straight up mods are going to be a Rev-box, bit more tuning on the OKO, then start on the YZ front end, DNM or FastAce rear shock, and a Lifan 150...

*goes off looking for a Lifan 150 and YZ85 front end*.... :D

Last edited:
hey i know what you mean by the 125 is just not enough i got a prox bigfoot 125 instead of the miniblitz:p couldnt wait that long to get it because they are still not up on ebay yet

but yes it weighs heaps looks fairly similar, frame wise and 125 just isnt enough its so slow, sure once its going its ok but acceleration there is none haha thats why im boring it out and getting rid of the 20 23 heads on it

was going to replace the engine untill i pulled it apart and to find out its basically a jialing 125 with the bottom end stamped 1p54fmi:confused::confused::confused:
wtf

but anyway cheaper to bore it out and put new heads on it than get a new motor

good luck with your miniblitz

but anyway cheaper to bore it out and put new heads on it than get a new motor

I really doubt that, sell the motor for 200 then get a lifan 150 for $550, guaranteed to be better than anything you can build out of a lifan 125

its not a lifan 125
jialing / gpx 125 more like it

57mm stroke and bore it out to 60mm or 59mm (160cc) and some good heads 150usd for bore kit and heads not to sure yet but 225usd 28mm 24mm with honda rockers race cam ported etc

all from akunar

how would that not be better for the price

Latest posts

Back