2009 Mikilon D8-125. Aka "MiniBlitz"

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok I might work if it not lifan.....
Is it a start in gear motor? (is the clutch arm on the side of the crankcase or the top?)

bottom end might not last long with all that on top of it

its not a lifan 125
jialing / gpx 125 more like it

57mm stroke and bore it out to 60mm or 59mm (160cc) and some good heads 150usd for bore kit and heads not to sure yet but 225usd 28mm 24mm with honda rockers race cam ported etc

all from akunar

how would that not be better for the price

if its got 54 stamped on the gear box and is a 125, then its 54mm bore and stroke not 60mm stroke,

unless ur changin ur conrod and crank you wont hit 160cc. with a 60mm bore kit would only hit 152cc and for the 58-60mm bore kits are pushing it

150usd for bore kit? i got mine for125usd for a zonger 125cc, with the 54 stamped on my bro

yer i get what you mean but i striped my head and cylinder off and measured it all so yer it is 52.4x57 strange to be stamped 1p54fmi:confused:

stupid atomik

but problem is i need to find myself lifan,yx140,gpx big valve head

oh and the reason its 150usd and not 125usd is because it is sleeveless and shorty piston so no need to bore the case.

crank mounted clutch because its a 'e' start so yeah bit iffy

yer i get what you mean but i striped my head and cylinder off and measured it all so yer it is 52.4x57 strange to be stamped 1p54fmi:confused:

stupid atomik

but problem is i need to find myself lifan,yx140,gpx big valve head

oh and the reason its 150usd and not 125usd is because it is sleeveless and shorty piston so no need to bore the case.

crank mounted clutch because its a 'e' start so yeah bit iffy

lol, sleeveless?? how is that gonna work?? you going to put ur own sleeve in it? or else hows that gonna work??

and shorty you mean scut piston??

i hate e start motors now, adj bolt for chain snaped, and jump, taking out the case,, now looking for a new mount, guess ill jst glue it up then,

also, you mind taking a pic on the motor, jst above the spark plug, there should be some kind of traingle thing

lol its where there is no sleeve hanging out of bottom of cylinder

oh and i know what you mean by triangle thingy but it only says WD

i forgot how to upload pics:confused::confused:

querty I can sell you a brand new yx 150 for $420..... I still stand by my opinion that motor isn't worth beefing up
yea do what china said, get some pics of the motor and specs and make a thread, tell us your plans etc.

deffinatly worth to get the yx150, will screem in your bike will be sickkkk....and i said the same thing i dont recon the bottom end could support getting it to 160cc

Hey thump, how much was the new front end your getting? and do they still sell these bikes?

I wouldnt mind thinking about doing what your doing its just the coin aint to high working at maccas haha

yea sammy I'd rather ride that with a bigass motor than a gay bigfoot

looks real heavy tho so stock motor HAS to go

haha i was waiting for you to put sh!t on the bigfoot i knew you didnt like em :p

Would a lifan 150 be big enough though? instantly when i think of that size i think yx160 possibly with a 184+ kit lol...

did thump post the weight of this thing anywhere? I can't read that whole post again lol

being same style frame ( slightly smaller) as the atomik blitz, i would say its like its bigger brother and ways a **** load for the size.

ha ha, yeah it weighs nearly as much as me.... a bit under 85kg i think... should weigh the thing...

and Rip, yeah, this thing handles a HELL of a lot better than any bigfoot i've ridden... rides like a big bike... just a heap more chuckable...

it's quicker than you'd think with the 125 motor in it, so i'm really looking forward to throwing a lifan 150 with a few mods in it...

Yes, i could have gone 155z and big blocked it, but money is a bit too tight to go nuts with the engine..

Hey thump, how much was the new front end your getting? and do they still sell these bikes?

I wouldnt mind thinking about doing what your doing its just the coin aint to high working at maccas haha
Bloke at the local wrecking yard is still trying to come up with a price for me on the YZ85 front end... at a guess, i'd say he'd want $350-500 for it...
I havent seen these bikes listed on ebay since i got mine, apparently cob and co are getting more in soon, and the only other place i've seen them, strangely, is just around the corner from me at a china quad dealership called "All Quads SA"... pricey though... they sell the 150cc version, which has a heap of better parts on it, but around $2k...
yea sammy I'd rather ride that with a bigass motor than a gay bigfoot

looks real heavy tho so stock motor HAS to go

yeah it rides heaps better than a bigfoot.... got the same height, but much longer wheelbase...and heaps better ergos... makes all the difference..

ok, thought i'd put in a bit of an update on the miniblitz... have done a few rides on this thing now, and turfed the 21mm oko in favour of a 26mm... YES, a 26mm on a 125cc motor... made an epic difference to performance, just ask Sneezy and his mates, who were running 140's and getting their ass handed to them by a 125 with Menswhore graphics.. heh heh...
the more i ride this thing, the more i like it. same with everyone else who rides it come to think of it.. :D handling is by far the best of any china mini i have ridden, and the stock suspension actually works better than the GPX/Fastace combo on the Bling40.... clearly ergos, wheelbase and frame geometry is the winner here...
i weigh a good 15-20kg more than sneezy and his mates, and round a few different tracks at pt gawler, i had no trouble keeping up with their 140's... straight line i couldnt stick with them coming out of corners, but the brakes and suspension meant i was still wide open on the gas when they were hard under brakes and kicking back gears... cornering prowess, there isnt a china mini that will go near it, but obviously i'm waiting for my REVMX 155z to show up, and see how it goes up against that...

and finally, the engine upgrade has been chosen... 175z is going into the bike in the next couple of weeks... so i plan to run lap times with the 125, then lap times back to back with the 175 in it... see just what this bike is capable of, with a decent engine in it... :D

stay tuned children!!!

im planing on getting one of these for the missus but with the 160 in it should be powerfull enough for her for the next 20years lol but putting the 175z in it will be epic lol

mate these bikes are absolutely brilliant for someone getting into bikes...
The missus got back on two wheels last weekend for the first time since her big off last october, and she loved it.... "normal" ergos makes it feel more like a little big bike...
as soon as this 175z motor shows up, i'm installing it and doing a review on the bike with a suitable sized engine... will be a very different animal i reckon....

ok, changed my mind about engines for the Miniblitz, and spent all day today installing the 155z into it.
the basic installation was pretty simple, the only modifications i had to make, was fabricating oil lines, as the zonger motor runs 8mm banjo bolts, and the cooler i have didnt suit, so they're a bit of a mix of rubber and braided steel lines... and i had to cut and shut the exhaust header pipe to make the change from CRF style head from the old Zonger 125 engine, to the KLX style head on the 155Zonger....
Overall it was a pretty easy bolt in job, for anyone interested in going down this route with a miniblitz (has anyone out there other than me actually bought one???) and the only skill you need is welding... failing that, get your local exhaust shop to cut and shut it.. it took me literally 7 minutes to do the exhaust with an ARC welder, so a car shop with a mig will do it in not time...

Now as to how the bike runs, my usual "driveway review" revealed that the 155z or bigger engine, is just what the doc ordered for the weighty miniblitz... massively punchier than the old 125 zonger, but a ritard could probably figure that out... it actually lifts the front end easily now, and should up the top speed a bit, which was already around the 90kph mark with the 125... i'm running taller gearing with the 155, so top speed should be up over 100... :)
ps: my second driveway run blew an oil cooler line off the cooler, and resulted in a whole big shitload of smoke, and oil everywhere, hence the lack of vid...
It's going out on it's first run with the bigger engine tomorrow, i'll try and get some vids of it in action against a pitpro 140 for comparison... (or lack thereof...ha ha ha!!!)

Latest posts

Back