2012 crf250r rebuild

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerguillory96

Reaction score
So rode the bike 4 times and engine went to ****. Took it to motosports to see if my all mighty warranty would cover it and of course not because it's "wear and tear" and now I'm stuck with a list of 29 parts that need to be replaced in the engine. Basically a top end rebuild. Parts include new cylinder, piston, crank, gaskets etc etc. I was just wondering if there was anyone who could tell me how difficult it would be to rebuild myself. I have some knowledge but have never rebuilt an engine before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So rode the bike 4 times and engine went to ****. Took it to motosports to see if my all mighty warranty would cover it and of course not because it's "wear and tear" and now I'm stuck with a list of 29 parts that need to be replaced in the engine. Basically a top end rebuild. Parts include new cylinder, piston, crank, gaskets etc etc. I was just wondering if there was anyone who could tell me how difficult it would be to rebuild myself. I have some knowledge but have never rebuilt an engine before

Doing the top end isn't too bad, but you said crank as well which means your also doing the bottom end and that requires cases to be split.

Go and have a look for the full workshop manual for your bike. That will give you an idea what is involved.

Any chance you wanna sell the engine lol

Latest posts

Back