2013 Atomik Fury 250cc Review/Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Blender I've got time off next week if you want me to bring the shock down to test fit. Takes a hell of a lot of guess work and anxiety out of deciding whether or not to buy one and I would be happy to blast down on the Speed Triple for a run. Let me know if your free or keen. I got a few spare washers too.

Not too sure what I'm up to next week, or what I'm going to do with the bike. I just went on a ride for about 10 minutes, but had to come back because every time I hit a bump, the linkage made so much noise. I put it up on a stand and it was as if the whole linkage had just decided to run without bearings-there was so much play.

I think I might buy some new bearings and dust covers for the current linkage, aswell as getting some new bolts (that are actually 12mm). I've got a friend who just got a chinese bike that runs the same shock/linkage parts as mine. He got his shock serviced to fit his weight, and he said it was like riding a jap bike. I really want to upgrade, but I dont see myself getting out of it for under 300. I might call up some wreckers, see if they have any bikes and go down and have a look, you never know...

But for now, I think I'll save up some $$ and head down to the bearing shop. The last time I replaced the bearings, I didnt put some of the dust caps in, so maybe if I get some new ones and put them in with new bearings and get the shock serviced it might be fine. But I honestly have no idea atm, lol...

Offers there any time buddy. Check bearing sizes and give Alls Balls Racing a call. I reckon the bearings will be an exact copy of a set off a Jap bike. I had a good run with them in the boys pit bike and will use them again when my bike needs them.
As for the severe rattle is it the bearings collapsed or is it latteral movement of the linkage ?

Alright.

Bike sat under the house for a while, in need of a bit of a freshen up. Things I will be ordering are:

* Plastics
* Spoke Covers (Blue)
* Grips (Blue)
* Levers (ASV copies, also in blue)
* Fuel Tank (if i cant get my current one plastic welded, bikr fell over and now the tank has a split around the spout)
* Chain and sprocket set

I've already resprayed my rear wheel, and got a new tyre put on (Dunlop) and polished my exhaust. I will probably order the levers or spoke covers tonight. The forks also had a bit of rust on the bottom of the stanchions, so i rubbed them back with some 1200 grist (wet and dry) until it was smooth.

set it up as a roller this afternoon

Sorry for crappy iPhone 3 pics :(

Latest posts

Back