2013 Atomik Fury 250cc Review/Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is that like the GoPro style camera ? Wakey had one
they were on special before xmas for $50
and make sure the sd carb is a class 8 or 10 it's printed inside the little C on the card.

yeh, its like a rip off of a gopro. its 39 from k-mart, so i dont have much to lose. i'll grab a 16gb class 10 card, if i cant use it for the "gopro" i'll use it in me phone lol

alrighty, i got the gopro rip off, it came with 3 mounts, a handlebar mount, a suction cup mount, and another mount which i have no idea what is desinged for. anyway, i went out this arvo and tested it out, the handlebar mount seems best, the video is good, 720p HD recording, but the sound distorts pretty easily. i cant upload anything atm, my internet is super slow atm....

k well had my first major crash today. did a wheelie, but the throttle decided to stay on, and so i hit a bump, bike went on its side, firmly depositing my writst into the ground, thus making it INCREDIBLY painlful....i think its sprained, but oh well she'll be right ;)

More importantly, the bike. i think pictures speak more than words, so i'll let u all see.....

Not sure, cant tell whats broken without better pics mate :)
looks like a snapped bolt sofar if so drill a bit try to wind out by smashing a bolt you have benchgrinded to 4 sharps sides into the little drillbit hole
or punch it in the center and then bit by bit go up in sizes until all the old bolt threads just fall out of there

then go a 8.8 new bolt atleast

Hmmm looks like you did that pretty well man. Maybe try drilling a hole in both sides and slotting a pin into it. Then glue may get you by for a bit. Or some of that metal bonding stuff you can get from super cheap

Was it actually the throttle getting stuck on or nervous armpump, nothing to be ashamed about.. we have all done it my 1st time was when i was about 10 and the 2nd time on a xt 250 (a big bike for a little kid)

yeh, as soon as i ssaw it i knew i'd hav to buy a new fork, i new i wouldnt be able to get a bottom for it iether...
well, a lhs fork leg is 120. for a set of forks through e-bay it is 180, so i think i might get the pair and keep the others as spare if i ever need to. in the meantime, i'll get some of the metal bonding stuff, give that a go, and lotsd of high-tech superglue and duct tape!!

i reckon go a moto wreckers... get the dimensions for the forks and what not and, be like " i need a set a forks that are the same as these dimensions"
you might be able to get something with air bleeders!
good luck tho!

it is hard to tell what damage it's done just by your picture.
has it pulled through the hole that the caliper bracket bolt goes through ?

you might be able to have it welded then machined and redrilled,
but it depends on how much your local aluminium welder charges too.

Surely you can find a fork which is leaking or something real cheap. Try some wreckers, they usually have tons of broken down china bikes, If they don't mind you might even be able to take that bottom part off at the wrecker and just buy that piece for a few dollars.

Trying to fix that sounds dodgy as, it is only your brakes after all. Might have more then a sprained wrist if the fix up lets go.

k i have some better pictures here, just my internet is so slow, and i tried to get to them, but it just wont work atm. will try tomorrow. but the gist of wats happenedf is the upper mount for the caliper has snapped, making it able to move the caliper by hand. so i cant use front brakes, the caliper just s;ides off under the pressure. im really bummed out about this, its cast alloy, so im not sure whether i can get it welded or not. will the metal bonding stuff work do u think?

i wouldn't risk it,
can you imagine what it will look like after the caliper has turned a few times around on the disc/wheel ?

fair enough, i have had brake fail before, and its not fun. plus the damage is expensive..
i guess i'll have to get it welded....Will it be able to be welded being cast alloy?

whats the diameter of the fork leg? might be the same as what teh nitrous has which is common as. therefore take it to a wrecker find one that will match (axle size, brake mount etc). It would be the cheapest way to go about it.

alright, might take it in tomorrow, see what we can do. i cant watch utube vids atm, even 38 second oness, but i have seen magnesium burn, the light is pretty intense, hurnt me eyes lol.

Latest posts

Back