2013 Atomik Fury 250cc Review/Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OR find some jap triples and forks and make it ride heaps better!?!?

ahh yes, i have thought of this, but u see i have no jap bikes to see what forks/triples would work. and i dont have all that much cash atm...

if there the same size/tripple clamps as a pitpro se 17/15 i will ship for free and forks

if there the same size/tripple clamps as a pitpro se 17/15 i will ship for free and forks

do u mean triple clamp hole diametre and fork length? fork lenth is 920mm, not sure on top/bottom triple clamp hole diametre, i'll measure tomorrow

alright, well im getting the bottom fork welded today, i was able to unscrew it, which was good. i'll be doing an oil change oin the forks, and once i get some money under my sleeve, i will get an oko 28mm roundslide carb.

well the bottom l/h side fork has been welded, and while the front end was pulled down, i decided to change the oil aswell. i used silkolene 5w oil, and put a bit more in than came stock. the forks, being a bit stiffer now, but they were 10 times smoother than when they had the china rubbish in them, to anyone getting/looking to buy one of these bikes, changing the fork oil is a must!

so how much did the welding/fork fix cost you ?
the caliper must have taken a fair whack to snap the mount off the forks ...

+ Reps on your review,
top job

the welding cost me 25, he didnt clean it up, simply because he said it would be stronger with the weld left on, i just gave it a lick of paint, and you can hardly notice its even there. cheers for the rep points :)

that's a good price
was it from just a local guy/welder ?

sure beats the price of the other options too

yeh, he was a local bloke, a brass fittings place, seemed like a good bloke, glad i could get out of it for under 50 bucks :)

i picked up a 30mm mikuni copy today, im going to try it out, see what the difference is compared to the jingke thats currently on. at least the mikuni has an alloy slide. he said it came of a 250, so im hoping i wont have to do any major changes to jetting to get it to work

well upon pulling the 30mm mikuni apart, i was seriously wondering how this thing ran on a 250. it had a #15 pilot, and a #95 main. thats what my 125 came stock with (now have changed pilot to a #20) so i have no idea how it would run on a 250, so i didnt even bother puting it on the 250 , i might keep it for my 125, being a bigger carb, it ight give it alot more power up top...i hope..

A bit of an update on the bike, since changing the fork oil, and stiffening the forks a bit, i surprised myself yesterday, it the front brakes were lifting the back, easily! im doing a bit of work on it this weekend, changing brake fluid, etc, so i'll let yas know how it goes then !

Last edited:
#20 Pilot, #100 main is the standard jetting in most of the china Mikuni 30mm's
maybe it has been on a 125 before ?

you last 2 sentence's doesn't make sense though

lol i not so good with the typing an stuff....

What i meant was i'll not bother putting it on the 250, but i'll try it on my atomik 125, see how it runs then :)

yeh i saw them, at that price i would get them, but i saw postage, which is 65...im really tryin to save for the carb atm, i cant wait, lol

well today i noticed the spokes were at a questionable tension, i did em up as evenly as possible, but im just wondering is there a "guide" to tightening the spokes ?

nah , if you tap them gently with a spanner they should go ting, you will hear a looser one
also watch out it doesn't affect the trueness of the rim, spin it and check for movement
put the bike on a crate or stand,
hold a piece of plastic etc onto the fork leg with it sitting 1mm away from the outer of the rim with one hand, and spin the front wheel with the other.
you will notice it if they are buckled

yeh, i checked the rim for buckles and they both seem fine, the front spokes are constantly loosening themselves, is this a bad thing ?

it could mean the Spokes are stretching, or that the Nipples are seating into the rims
are all the spokes roughly the same tension ?

just keep an eye on them, they might need checking/retensioning every 30-40 hours riding

yeh, the spoke tension is even, when i was tightening them up again today i did them as even as possible, they havnt come loose since then, maybe they are still bedding in.

Latest posts

Back