Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
with the bike warmed up,
when you give it a fist full of throttle, how big is the Hesitation?
so if you hold it flat out does it want to die until you back off a little, or does it come good ?

and have you done a Spark Plug chop yet ?

I have a #40 Pilot Jet here, and a #75 Main jet you can try out if you want.
just fit the Pilot Jet first and give it a try, and then give it a run up a track or wherever

if it fixes the hesitation, just leave it in.

maybe do another Spark Plug Chop if the Pilot fixes it, just to get a better idea on how the main is going.

Ok 1. The jets, Its not a lot of hesitation! Maybe like 1/4 of a second or so, pretty much feels like its slightly starved for fuel,just at the initial throttle, doesn't do it all the time either, I havn't noticed it try to bog down if I keep holding it open but I havn't had it open in 3rd or 4th yet! Ill be taking it out tomorrow or the next day, so I'll do a plug chop once I can get it up to speed in 3rd or 4th for a while and investigate the hesitation a little more. It could just be mixture but I'll have to do a plug chop anyway tomorrow. I have noticed the motor runs significantly cooler after doing the valve clearances however.

2. As for sprockets 14 on the front and 41 on the rear currently is how its come.

I just had a look and its running on 428 size too, it looks of decent strength and build quality actually.

The front sprocket I swear is hardened after just looking at it. Not even a scuff from any of the riding I've done, it looks like its brand new...The rear is showing a few slight signs of wear, I think I might just get a rear and I'll keep my eye on the front sprocket to see if it starts to show signs of bad wear!

3. Also do you think its worth dumping the oil before I ride it again tomorrow?

how long did you go riding ? (in relation to your oil) if u only went out for an hour or so, you should be ok, depending on how long your going out tomorrow.

i would change the oil again,
but it might be worth checking the Oil Filter Screen too.

drain the oil out via the drain bolt.
then take the kick starter lever off, and the r/h side clutch cover, carefully so you don't break the gasket.
at the front r/h bottom of the case you will see a brass filter screen with a rubber seal around it, slip that out
check it for any metal filings etc.
clean it with degreaser, maybe spray a little in the bottom of the cases and tilt the bike over to flush it out.
once you are happy it's clean then refit the side cover and the kickstart lever.
refit the oil drain plug and refill it with oil

i'll pm you my phone number too, so you can pick up those Jets.

it's good that it has a 428 Chain/sprocket setup, they are about 20% stronger than the 420 pitch chains.
they are a touch dearer, closer to $30

i have a 15T 428 front sprocket and retainer you can have if you want it, it hasn't done a lot of work.

upgrade the front sprocket bolts too when you get a chance, to 12.9 Grade Socket heads
Bunning's have them in a pack of 4 for $3

here's some pics of my old spare Orion frame.
i think they now have continued the inner gusseting around the rear of the frame, so it's not open any more
i drew a gold line to show you where to look out for cracks.

002.jpg

003.jpg

008.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Cool good to know, ill keep my eye on it!! I just bought a DMX with a 125 oil cooled Lifan race prepped engine in it for $400.....oops....I hate the internet sometimes, so much for saving money! So may not be worried to much about the frame anymore! :D

Also looking at swapping an old amp and subwoofer for a semi auto 74cc something....

Ok time to turn the internet off before I spend any more money tonight!

Its this exact model :D score!!!
DMXPro140ccPitBike.JPG

Yep right you are....its cheaper...same frame I hope!!! Different running gear...if Ive got it tomorrow might be able to bring it around when I grab the jets tomorrow arvo is it still worth $400 second hand?? I havnt actually paid for it yet!

yes and no, it is a better bike than your TDR,
but depends on how many hours it has on it, and what maintenance it's had done.
needs a new chain too, that still has the standard gold KMC

Hmmmm....Ok so if its not done many hours its good say under 50 hours? If its done a heap its no good? I'm assuming it hasnt done a lot of hours.

I'll ask him how it was run in etc too, hoping he is the first owner...I dont have to buy it, I just know I'll snap the TDR if I ride it how I want to.

I'm really hoping its just been sitting around in this guys shed since he bought it....It does look clean and if its still got the standard chain on it, one would think its not done a whole lot of hours...but thats speculation I guess after I look at it tomorrow and have a bit of a ride in the drive way I'll know if the motor is fresh or not.

yeah suss it out, knock him down too.

bounce the forks look for oil weeping on the stanchions etc

Yeah I'll give it a good once over. I dont intend to pay $400 he said he isnt mechanically minded. So cash in the hand is always the best way to negotiate with someone, once he brings it here hoping $300 and not having to lug it home again.

Ok Craig, so one jet went in no worries,Held it up to the light was noticeably bigger than the 32. The other jet is not going to fit, way different thread size. I put the Japanese NGK in there too and the whole bike is idling a LOT smoother than it did before so that's a must for anyone who gets a Chinese bike.....$4.50 new spark plug...to easy! If its actually a Japanese plug it will say so on the plug. If it just says NGKC7HSA on it then its Chinese ;) DSC_0156.jpg

Also this is what the oil looked like after an hour of riding, I dont know if you can tell how metallic that oil is from the photo(its almost like a metallic paint its that speckled).

If you're running in the engine hard, I'd drop it probably for the first 5 rides or at least until it stops looking metallic at any rate!! Hoping the piston rings seal up nice and tight will have to have a look in a few months and see if running it in hard did the trick! DSC_0155.jpg

that Main Jet isn't like any that i've seen before, they must have changed the Needle Jet Tube style ?

have you adjusted the mixtures to suit the new Pilot ?

i found those Main Jets, they are type 3B, and are used in the Keihin butterfly throttle carbys used on big bikes 650cc and up, Buell, Harley, Kawasaki etc

Yep re-adjusted mixture...seems good now will have to see how it goes in 3rd,4th still seems like the plug is getting really black so may need to lean things out a little...Just did a bit of a facebook snake on someone..... :D 2008 Pit Pro, Chromo frame, lifan its only a 52mm bore but has a 25mm japanese mikuni on it, $400 needs a new rear tube and a kick stand besides from that seems rather solid, good compression, bit of oil on the forks but nothing to bad! DSC_0161.jpg

Last edited:
so is the new bikes' engine a 1P52FMI ?
52.4mm bore, 55.5mm stroke 119.7ml, it might have 124cc on the cylinder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back