20HP on 160cc engine! OORacing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 11561

Reaction score
Found this company in the UK OORacing that makes race engines for the Chinas! Quite tempted to get my fingers in a top powered China engine! Has anybody experience with these guys? Is there some here in AUS that makes China race engines?

man if you want a motor to fly give us Mild to Wild motorcycles a call on 07 4973 3759 we make you up anycombo you want, motard is our thing we came 1st and 2nd in senior and 2nd nd 3rdjuniors in 2008

man if you want a motor to fly give us Mild to Wild motorcycles a call on 07 4973 3759 we make you up anycombo you want, motard is our thing we came 1st and 2nd in senior and 2nd nd 3rdjuniors in 2008

I may well do that! I saw that you have double front brake...nice!

how do you not know !

nar but seriosly they make around 14.5 i heard.. and they sell for around 650bucks on ebay..

the ooracing engines are kinda hyped up by what I've heard, a few guys here in norway ride monkeybike-copies with 140cc ooracing engines and they are running into reliabilety issues.

16- 20HP aint impossible out of a yx engine... with the right combo and parts they can be built to last..
20HP out of the ooracing engine with a stock head i doubt it...
as i read from a member on here i think
CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE YOU CAN ONLY EVER HAVE 2

16- 20HP aint impossible out of a yx engine... with the right combo and parts they can be built to last..
20HP out of the ooracing engine with a stock head i doubt it...
as i read from a member on here i think
CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE YOU CAN ONLY EVER HAVE 2

16 to 20hp out of a YX is very very very possible and also easy... with the right parts and head work :) but yes, there is no way the OO motors made that power, was proven on PM.com i think (?)

but yeah, you deffinatly cant have fast and cheap in these motors... everything has to be spot on and well tested otherwise its blown cases and gearbox's when your over the 20hp mark :) (clutch's are the only drama really)

but hey, if you want to for out those crazy $$$ for a OORacing motor go for it.. just wouldnt recommend it.

a YX160 with a 64-65mm big bore kit and a V2 head on it will RIP. and also be reliable with correct maint.

a YX160 with a 64-65mm big bore kit and a V2 head on it will RIP. and also be reliable with correct maint.

you will NEVER have 20hp going through a china engine and be able to call it reliable the g/boxs on these things simply cant handle it

and until the chinas start getting told that there g/box's are shit (which they dont) they will never get better

i'm even a bit sus about buying a jap engine and chucking that in my bike because if i'm gunna throw 15-20hp through a tacky g/box is that gunna take the punishment

so my question to myself right now is $4000 for a tacky motor or $200 plus 4-5hrs labour every six months on a china motor????

i haven't decided i think i'll see how long i get out of my second set of gear drums

China have come out with a new beefier yx gearbox . read up about it alot on PM

Dont think its out yet but its coming...

probably not much better anyway i know they said thicker cases??

coolmodee01....

its all how u ride, and maintain it. mine, and many other 187+r or 187V2 owners have never had a problem... just like myself. the only thing that is required is checking the clutch basket and rubbers for wear.... if its worn then just buy a new one... but now that NCC is making up some heavy duty rubbered, 6disc clutch's then ill have nothing at all to worry about.

There is no need to pump the clutch and trash a motor with 20+ hp like u have to with the smaller 140's-150's ive put multiple hours through my motor and its been more then fine.... i also bought the bottom end used with 10 hours behind a MotoHP 165 kit and a V2 head before i went through having a 63mm big bore, 64mm big bore, 65.5mm akunar then my take SCUT 67mm kit on it....

sorry but there is far too much to support rider error or disregard for mechanical sympathy or generally taking care of there bikes, as opposed to them just blowing up...

Nate.

I'm with ya' on that Daimo ... There are a LOT of Errol Flynn's out there who f*ck everything they touch ... LOL ...

A heavy rider needs to be especially careful of how they treat a tranny or clutch ...

Thanks Cactus, some of these people have never seen nor riden on a big YX let alone owned one...

i mean yes a TAKE motor is fast... but id put my money on my motor in a race.... they have SO much torque its unusable, anyone with a smooth right arm on the gas can make a big YX hold up....

Firepower (who i bought my YX from) ran the motor for a while pretty hard before he gave it to me... and while i have looked after it, its held up after ive reved the pants off it and rode it through the glass house mountains with no clutch for a whole day cause my HYD clutch shit itself and still have had nothing to complain about other then the clutch issue.... but if you replace it when its worn, they wont blow and take your motor with them....

Nate.

if you do a bit of searching ull find they do make as much power as they say and they have dyno figures to prove, i live in uk and they are the most trusted tuners and the build every engine from scatch, check out youtube for there bike ands dyno figs

longjohn

yeap maybe....

but how bout u show me a "Accurate" dyno that has a ramp rate as fast as that..... might make 20hp on there dyno.....

:)

Guys. I can't tell you what the HP is, but I have a 160 Charger that is supposed to be 20 hp. What I can tell you is that according to my gps she does 78 mph flat out with me leaning over to reduce wind resistance - which is plenty fast enough for me! (I'm an overweight 80 kilos). My son has an OOracing 140 (15hp). We both rode from England to the Nurbergring in Germany this year. 526 miles - and neither bike missed a beat. Stephen p.s. They wouldn't let us round the 'ring - because we couldn't provide paperwork to prove the bikes could do more than 40 kph!

You can calculate the HP of any vehicle (car or bike) by the top speed it will pull over a quarter of a mile ... Simply put the combined bike and riders weight converted into lbs ( ie 1 kg = 2.2 lbs) plus the measured top speed into a power/speed calculator and it will tell you the HP required to pull that much weight to a that speed ...

4Lo.com :: Dynometer Find Horse Power by E.T. or MPH Calculator

Here's some info I found in a search on CB125's ...

Honda CB125

CB125T 1981 model ...

* Air cooled, twin cylinder, OHC
* 80mph
* 114kg
* 16.5bhp @ 11,000rpm
* 5 speed

CB125 T 1977/78 model ...

# Engine - 124cc, 4-stroke twin
# Power - 12bhp
# Top Speed - 70mph
# MPG - 75
# Launched - 1977-1988

The '81 model Honda CB125T's top speed checks out about right with a 75 kg rider onboard ... it takes 17 HP to pull a 115 KG bike with an 80 KG rider to 78 MPH ... Most Pitbikes are lighter than 115 KG so they'd require less HP to pull the same speed ... For instance IF your bike weighs 80 kg and YOU weigh 80 kg ... and your top speed is 78 mph ... then you have ... 13 genuine no BS HP ... Stock YX 160's put out around 12 HP ... The power of chinese engines has been over exaggerated for too long ...

Latest posts

Back