2nd hand braaap 190 or lxr190 pros and cons

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rev86

Reaction score
Hey guys been looking at the braaap factory 190 and the pitster lxr190 second hand bikes I would like to hear from owners of both bikes and if they wish they Bort the other one any regrets and is the braaap 190 not having linkage that much of a deal breaker I don't want to here about price I just want to know people's thoughts I ride a ciniworx cxz175 linkage bike so would buying a braaap 190 (non linkage bike) feel crap compared to what I'm used to

i think the'd be fine seen brad smash around on his..

theres a reason i have a linkage but

i own a braaap 190, bought it second hand and i love it!! tbh the only linkage bikes i have ridden were "real" bikes and no linkage doesnt make any difference to me, but then again i dont race mine. bear in mind if you buy a braaap 190 the first thing you will have to do is scrap the carb and airbox and throw a pe28 on it. while you wont have to do that with the lxr, the lxr doesnt have anywhere near as good a suspension setup (components used ie forks and shock).... thats where the money is on the braaap ;)

i own a braaap 190, bought it second hand and i love it!! tbh the only linkage bikes i have ridden were "real" bikes and no linkage doesnt make any difference to me, but then again i dont race mine. bear in mind if you buy a braaap 190 the first thing you will have to do is scrap the carb and airbox and throw a pe28 on it. while you wont have to do that with the lxr, the lxr doesnt have anywhere near as good a suspension setup (components used ie forks and shock).... thats where the money is on the braaap ;)

Depends on which LXR he is talking about.

The top end one's run zhocci's and an elka. Best 12inch suspension setup going around by far.

The linkage is definitely nice. I found it hooked up a lot better than non linkage especially when you have a higher powered motor like a 190 or 184.

Is it a deal breaker? No definitely not. But if you plan on racing I would highly recommend it. Haven't heard of a single person that would go back to non linkage after riding a linkage bike.

Just my 2 cents.

i havnt seen any lxr's with those suspension specs for sale motorman, what model and where do you get em from in aus?
and i would challenge the zochies being "the best" my engi's while a little harder to get tuned to my weight, are brilliant, at least as good as the zochies (and yes i have ridden on some) imo. no linkage is a problem for some, but i ride on mountain trails with ruts as wide as 4by4 tyres and 15cm deep, and while its not the best out there (i blame the tyre size more than lack of linkage) it handles it all quite well. and i read on the braaap website the braaap 190 one two minisx world championships in las vegas so it cant be that bad.....

they are optional upgrades when you buy a new LXR stu.

I don't race I just ride trails would the linkage be an advantage on the trails or would I not notice it to much I ride some pretty rough and brutal trails as well if that helps

i havnt seen any lxr's with those suspension specs for sale motorman, what model and where do you get em from in aus?
and i would challenge the zochies being "the best" my engi's while a little harder to get tuned to my weight, are brilliant, at least as good as the zochies (and yes i have ridden on some) imo. no linkage is a problem for some, but i ride on mountain trails with ruts as wide as 4by4 tyres and 15cm deep, and while its not the best out there (i blame the tyre size more than lack of linkage) it handles it all quite well. and i read on the braaap website the braaap 190 one two minisx world championships in las vegas so it cant be that bad.....

I have one in the shed. ;)

The Nitro Circus Edition bikes all had that setup. Pretty much all there special edition bikes run them.

I don't race I just ride trails would the linkage be an advantage on the trails or would I not notice it to much I ride some pretty rough and brutal trails as well if that helps

Wouldn't be too worried then mate. KTM's run no linkage for years and they still got around the bush no probs. Wouldn't stress.

so that would take a three thousand dollar bike straight in to the 4000 dollar mark just like the braaap then craig? the biggest problem you will have on the trails is wheel size, the braaap doesnt have enough room to fit 17/14 rims on it and the 14/12 wheel set sucks for riding trails. the ktm's never had linkage, and i see plenty of ppl riding those on trails.....

i notice that site nearly always directs you to the dhz site, and they never seem to have anything like that in stock. is it a special order item or something? also just looked at the nitro circus lxr at dhz, there aint no zochies or elka on them now, must have been the older nitrio circus models that had the good stuff motorman

I'm only running small wheels now and there not to bad in the bush until you have to get over a stupid tree log lol and I do bottom out abit from not enough ground clearance so I guess the big wheels would help on the lxr the only thing is I think the big wheels look pretty crap on a pit bike but it would help so u can buy a lxr190 big wheel can. That would be good for the bush mite have to save up some cash can u get rec reg on a lxr and who would sell the kits

Yeah they are special runs mate. Won't be any on there at the moment.

Usually only get a few at a time.

You will have to do the rec reg yourself mate. No kit's so to speak for pit bikes but the setup is going to be the same for rec reging a full size MX bike.

So if I got a kit on with everything I needed for rec reg do you know if u can even pass a pitster pro at Vic roads do they allow pit bikes to get reg reg or will I have trouble with them I've only ever rec regoed my ktm 250 and my Xr400 that I had I've never seen a rec regoed pit bike in Vic before

which ever one you like more, the lxr will feel the really similar to your ciniworx, the braaap will feel fair bit different. think they are a shorter frame and lower in the front then the lxr

LXR has a more stable 250f like feel to it making big jumps really easy, braaap has more bling and tight more track suited

Yup agree with motorman and Mv24. The Lxrs are amazing would never go back to a Non-linkage(Came from a motovert expert. I find the lxr so much nicer to ride although i am 6ft2 so its a great difference. But in saying that. There is nothing wrong with Braaaps other then the price is way to high. And also just because a bike has elka and egios doesnt mean there the best of the best. The lxr has a Dnm rear shock with adjustable compression and rebound then they have a micro adjuster. The elka from memory only has rebound and you adjust the compression via the pressure in the shock.

I Love the forks and rear shock on the lxr. They are awesome and feel amazing when you land from a massive jump. I have jumped 35-40ft on the lxr and landed perfect the suspension soaked up everything.

Braaap sell rec reg kits, install them too if you need. You should keep the Ciniworx and build it how you want it. Greg at Buzz does them too.

Yeah I've been thinking of building up mine I've already spent alot on it and have it pretty well set up I mite try and rec reg the ciniworx and later on upgrade to the lxr190 thanks for the help guys and I mite ring braaap to check out this rec reg kit

Yup agree with motorman and Mv24. The Lxrs are amazing would never go back to a Non-linkage(Came from a motovert expert. I find the lxr so much nicer to ride although i am 6ft2 so its a great difference. But in saying that. There is nothing wrong with Braaaps other then the price is way to high. And also just because a bike has elka and egios doesnt mean there the best of the best. The lxr has a Dnm rear shock with adjustable compression and rebound then they have a micro adjuster. The elka from memory only has rebound and you adjust the compression via the pressure in the shock.

I Love the forks and rear shock on the lxr. They are awesome and feel amazing when you land from a massive jump. I have jumped 35-40ft on the lxr and landed perfect the suspension soaked up everything.

i didnt say they were the best of the best, just replied to others observations that lxr's have zochies. imo the zochies and engi's are of equal quality and ride..... the dnm may have more adjustments, but are also a lot more prone to blowing out than elka's. i am not saying they are better than the lxr's, just that imo they are as good.......

Latest posts

Back