49cc 2 stroke quad problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
in a place full of rc drifters and pitbikes :P
hey guys got my little nieces a 2 stroke 49cc quad to ride got it for nothin which was sweet it had only been ridin once but i seem to be having the problem now where it wont run i can get it to kick over by sprayin a lil engine start in the carb but soon as it fires it wont stay running like it wont spark the fuel thats in it and its fresh fuel now the guy told me it was a 2 stroke so im assuming it is, the only thing that seems to keep it running is the engine start spray soon as it burns away it dies any help would e much appreciated as iv never worked on one of these before and they are a pain!!!

Carb/fuel delivery issue, no doubt. A pic would help.
In all seriousness, there's little simpler than a 49cc 2-stroke.

obviously i know that much lol just a pain workin on it while engine is in it carby placement etc i havent actually pulled it apart yet just gettin some advice was muckin round with it today and i was sure it was the carby but jus wanna be sure before i pull it apart just to replace carby lol

Last edited:
The carb that comes standard on the pocket quads is ****e at best.

You may be able to get it running with the carb that is on it but it will only give you problems again. Replacing it with a 14mm delorto replica and adaptor is your best option if you are looking for reliability and a little more power. Ebay have them for $35.

49cc CARBY KIT High Performance. 2 stroke Pocket Bike | eBay

I have bought from this seller on a few occasions and always great service.

I would also check your reeds while you have the carb off. I have had the same drama caused from bad seal on reeds to reed block. I sorted the problem by flipping the reeds.

Latest posts

Back