50 Mini Kicker Ramp PLAN

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old steel I just can't use it...The rust and all does contribute but I get weird thoughts when I see old stuff at the dump :confused: haha

Yeah same at work experience this year thats all they did... With mags aswell :eek: haha

Well have not done ANYTHING on this Ramp yet...HSC Exams are coming up and all the steel is locked up at school :(

Will get going on this from the 4th of November once Exams are ALL OVER!

Anyways...got back on SketchUp to fix up the Bottom of the Ramp being too steep to start off with before I actually start building.

All I would need to do to make it much smoother would be to extend the Length from 3000mm to 3600mm...giving a pretty good Kicker Ratio I think of 2:1

This is how it should look now :):

fixed.jpg

fixed2.jpg

Let me know how it looks NOW haha.

Cheers guys!

FINALLY! Finished up ALL my HSC Exams today so Im READY TO BUILD this thing :D

Picked up ALL the Steel including the two arcs at the 6m constant radius and they loook Great!

Im getting out tomorrow to start on this thing...been waiting for this day to come for a LONG TIME!

UPDATE Pics will be up tomorrow :)

Cheers

FINALLY! :D

Got out this afternoon and STARTED haha. Didint get much done but I was able to tack up the top half of one side!

Heres what it looks like from today:

P1040519.jpg

P1040521.jpg

Ill hopefully have the whole one side done by tomorrow...Going a bit slow as Im working on it by myself.

Anyways Im STOKED to be FINALLY building it haha!

Cheers

:eek: bit bigger then what I had expected... Looking good :D:D

Haha yep. When I picked up the 6m arcs I was like...SHH*T haha!

Stands at about 1800mm high. Those CAD Drawings dont show how big it really is.

Should turn out sweet though.

And with the English HSC Exam...I did Standard and the actual Exam wasnt too bad...just remember some quotes, ideas etc. then just ramble it all together haha. I think I went alright with it.

Yeah. When you think of the measurments you don't imagine it to be that big. Still be awesome fun to hit up on a mini.

And with the English HSC Exam...I did Standard and the actual Exam wasnt too bad...just remember some quotes, ideas etc. then just ramble it all together haha. I think I went alright with it.

Argh sweet. I'll be stressing when it comes my time to do it :eek: haha.

Yeah. When you think of the measurments you don't imagine it to be that big. Still be awesome fun to hit up on a mini.

Argh sweet. I'll be stressing when it comes my time to do it :eek: haha.

Yeah very true haha! Should be sweet...just need to ask around for dirt for a Downramp now.

Ha yeah you should be fine...it is pretty stressful but once it's all done it's a GOOD FEELING :D

Got out today and got MORE than what I planned to get done so Im pretty happy with that!

Heres what I got done:

The Bottom of the ramp where I first thought I was going to have a problem with:
P1040524.jpg

Once I got it with the hack saw and the grinder...pretty happy with how it sits on the ground:
P1040528.jpg

P1040530.jpg

P1040525.jpg

P1040526.jpg

P1040527.jpg

I managed to get the right side all tacked up and got the left top half tacked up as well! Only a few more days and it should be finished :D

Hey Tommy that is looking really good , top job on doing it yourself & planning it aswell.
It looks like u have a fair bit of riding land in the background :)

Hey Tommy that is looking really good , top job on doing it yourself & planning it aswell.
It looks like u have a fair bit of riding land in the background :)

Cheers Jayson! Haha yeah its getting there...should have a little more done tomorrow! The land in the background isnt mine :( haha. Im building the ramp out at my friends place. Ive got enough space in our backyard for it though so should be good!

hey tommy great job well done!!

Thanks! Its coming along better than what I thought I could so Im pretty happy :)

Been a little lazy but also been busy as well so got the chance late this afternoon to get a little more done :)

Heres what I got up to...tacked up the whole framework except for a few extra supports I need to get in...

13744_1279326231920_1492950737_3078.jpg

13744_1279326271921_1492950737_3078.jpg

Ive got the Ply and Paint here ready to go once all the welding work is done! Im hoping to have at least the bottom half of the ramp painted next Update :D

Thanks for having a Look!

nice work man, nice to see your following throw with it.... Awsome!!

Latest posts

Back