50 Mini Kicker Ramp PLAN

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be very careful using ply. Over time it will deteriate quite rapidly. Even though it's for a 50, don't really want to end up with your front tyre through the thing. Either that or get a cover for the ramp. Like a big tarp and peg it down.

Looking good though mate.

Cheers mboy and Bulldog! Yep its getting there haha. Tacked up the rest of the Supports in on Thursday but the gas cylinder valve snapped so no more welding until Monday :(

I would be very careful using ply. Over time it will deteriate quite rapidly. Even though it's for a 50, don't really want to end up with your front tyre through the thing. Either that or get a cover for the ramp. Like a big tarp and peg it down.

Looking good though mate.

Well motorman...I will be protecting the Ply with putting the appropiate number of coats with weathershield and YES I will be protecting the ramp with a tarp over the top while it isnt used.

If these 2 fail...which Im sure it will last a while with easy to just buy some new Ply I guess. See how it will go though...Im sure it will last quite a while but Cheers for letting me know!

Well motorman...I will be protecting the Ply with putting the appropiate number of coats with weathershield and YES I will be protecting the ramp with a tarp over the top while it isnt used.

be very careful using Dulux weathershield, the paint has a very slippery finish, even the matt does.

id be searching around for some Berger non slip additive, available from your local hardware...or bunnings (man i hate that word)

just a thought mate.

looking tops so far, very very impressed :D

be very careful using Dulux weathershield, the paint has a very slippery finish, even the matt does.

id be searching around for some Berger non slip additive, available from your local hardware...or bunnings (man i hate that word)

just a thought mate.

looking tops so far, very very impressed :D

Oh Sweet! Thanks Heaps for that Info. I sure will be looking for that stuff next time Im at the Hardware then...was also thinking of buying some glass beads to lay down onto the surface of the Ply for added grip.

Cheers Gus!

yeh

that berger stuff is pretty much glass im purty sure.

you can get lotsa paint additives,
ill look some up at work this week and let u no ur options/costing etc...

yeh

that berger stuff is pretty much glass im purty sure.

you can get lotsa paint additives,
ill look some up at work this week and let u no ur options/costing etc...

Oh ok Great!

That would be REAL HELPFUL as I live in a small town with not much to choose from haha.

Im on a bit of a BUDGET for this ramp so dont really want to spend anymore on it...but let me know how you go anyways and that would be real helpful. Ill need to get SOMETHING so its grippy!

Much Appreciated! ;)

What about the metal mesh looking stuff? I don't have a clue on how much it would be and where you could get it.

What about the metal mesh looking stuff? I don't have a clue on how much it would be and where you could get it.

Yep you can either use Mesh or Checkerplate for a longer lasting surface...BUT costs way to much for me haha so thats the reason why Im going with the Ply!

hey dude acctual sweet ramp ay! after i finish my crf 50 build im gonna build one of these for my compound. then all the SA boys can come over and have a few ride days!

hey tommy, up here at carrara markets(i know your down south but there may be similer...) you can get sheets of checkerplate for 10 bucks, bout 900mm wide by 1200mm.
might be worth a look, dunno if you got markets near ya?
good luck and its looking SWEET man!!!

hey dude acctual sweet ramp ay! after i finish my crf 50 build im gonna build one of these for my compound. then all the SA boys can come over and have a few ride days!

Thanks mate! Sounds like you have already got yourself a Plan ;) GoodLuck with it! Sweet idea

hey tommy, up here at carrara markets(i know your down south but there may be similer...) you can get sheets of checkerplate for 10 bucks, bout 900mm wide by 1200mm.
might be worth a look, dunno if you got markets near ya?
good luck and its looking SWEET man!!!

Hmm really! Far out that is cheap...can you remember how thick they were? Must be something suss going on as checkerplate costs a HEAP!haha

Ive already bought my Ply anyways and cant afford to spend any money haha. But thanks anyways for letting me know!

Cheers

lol, 10 for 900x1200 sounds like someone raids a metal bin in an industrial estate... there probly just off cuts...
up here the closest steel shop want $180 for a 1200x2400x2.2mm thts retail... get it heaps cheaper if ya know someone in the metal game

Yeah something isnt right about that checkerplate hahaha!

Anyways here are the MOST Recent Pics of the Ramp...now with EXTRA SUPPORTS in! This is from the other day...MIG should be Fixed tomorrow so Ill be able to fully weld up the joints and hopefully have half of it painted!

13744_1284271955560_1492950737_3079.jpg

13744_1284271915559_1492950737_3079.jpg

13744_1284271995561_1492950737_3079.jpg

Cheers! Yep ALMOST there haha...should get a little more done and have it in some colour tomorrow :)

Haha what do you mean sean? Thats ALL the Supports the ramp needs! It will be plenty strong for sure!

yeah man, she's good to go... i was referring to what dvdrip said to you the other night..

That looks nuts!

Definately need to see some aciton pics once this puppy is complete!

yeah man, she's good to go... i was referring to what dvdrip said to you the other night..

Ahh yeah haha Sweet!

That looks nuts!

Definately need to see some aciton pics once this puppy is complete!

Haha yeah looks pretty damb scary when your standing next to it :D

I will get some Action Pics up...still need to organise dirt for a downramp etc. so it may be a little while though.

Just keep checking the newspaper for someone giving away free landfill or selling landfill cheap.

Latest posts

Back